Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Competition in my area keeps intensifying recently. More and more banks tell me they are asked for halves multiple times a week and one bank said I was the fourth person that day to ask!!! I assume silver prices moving up is encouraging people to crh. I have been getting a little discouraged. I am able to find lots of dumps from $100 to $1000. One bank has lots of cwr but they have the longest lines and worst service of any banks in my area. One branch has given me some nice rolls, but just mandated that you must have an account to get coins.
A few tellers at different banks have saved me some great stuff recently and I do what I can to keep them happy. They have also let some really nice stuff get snapped up by other hunters. I usually say "well its first come first serve long as they have an account." I don't want to be too greedy or get bent out of shape but that line has bitten me in the ass of late so I've been encouraging them to save me stuff. Some branches send halves out as quick as they can and there seems to be no hope with management.
Long story short this time of year is usually slow and crappy for coins but I popped into a bank I feel like I had just been at and the teller is happy to see me. "We've got a lot of coins for you, a lot!" I pull out my wallet and ask the question. "Like five hundred dollars worth?" When they have $500 I buy $20-$50 to see what wrappings and marks are there to gauge the load, otherwise I am out of capital after an hour of crh and stuck with a load of bs. " Oh not that many,.. " and he gestures to the gleaming pile of silver on the counter. I am trying to contain my excitement as he counts out $70 in halves-all silver. I've never gotten a load without any clad. The teller continues,.. "They just came in,.. funny because someone was just asking yesterday." I jot my number down and tell him to call me if they get any more. Ended the day with 6 %90 (one 1960 Ben) and 136 %40.
I've been trying to snipe a collection dump for two years and finally, after several narrow misses and small gains, succeeded. Now its a new week, so its back to it! I'd love to put a pic. Anyone have pic instructions?

Upvote 0

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the story! Just read it to the wife. If wasn't hurting, would jump for joy for ya!! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
T

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Figured out pics!

Now I just have to work on better photos

Attachments

• IMG_20160803_160111517.jpg
    IMG_20160803_160111517.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 113

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great haul! If it was like that all the time everyone would be doin it - if you are persistent, every once in a while you get a bodacious score like that. Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread