73 Pieces of 90% Silver - Not a Bad Box!

smalltownfisherman

Sep 9, 2015
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello,

It's been awful slow for fishing lately, so I've been increasing my search volume.

I bought four boxes of dimes last Friday. The first was a skunk, the second was uncirculated 2015 coin. The third box gave up one silver. And the picture is from the last box.

Imagine my surprise when the first roll I opened had three pieces. It was such a rush! It seemed like the silver train had no brakes.

I have some pictures of a few of the rolls if anyone wants to see them. The best roll had 8 pieces inside if I remember right.

The grand total... 75 pieces of silver! Two of which were Canadian.

P1000522 eit.jpg

HH,

StF

Upvote 0

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I hate you! :laughing9:

I've found 1 silver dime so far - out of 2 boxes.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Very very nice to look at, and yet mostly out of one box. For sure from someone's collection that got DUMPED into your box. Being at the right place at the right time I guess, congrats. Makes one wonder what else was dumped, (cents, nickels, quarters, halves), plus how many MORE DIMES that you did not get.

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, you really nailed it with all the silver. That is a rare thing to have happen. Congrats.

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow... that just doesn't happen these days! Congrats! Out of curiosity, what were the Dates & MM of the Mercs and the Canadian ones?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once had a MWR (machine wrapped) dime roll with 9 silver dimes in it. Was a fun box! I can only imagine the excitement from opening yours, congrats.

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, read the description and was totally expecting this to be a halves box...you just don't see dime boxes like that. Nice score!

OP
OP
smalltownfisherman

smalltownfisherman

Sep 9, 2015
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
I hate you! :laughing9:

I've found 1 silver dime so far - out of 2 boxes.

I've gone through $12,250 of dimes this year. It's a matter of perseverance, but dimes seem to be hotter than halves in my area. Keep looking!

I once had a MWR (machine wrapped) dime roll with 9 silver dimes in it. Was a fun box! I can only imagine the excitement from opening yours, congrats.

It was so much fun. I had to slow down while opening the rolls because I heard a clink when I put a roll into my dump box. I almost let one go back into the wild. :tongue3:

Very very nice to look at, and yet mostly out of one box. For sure from someone's collection that got DUMPED into your box. Being at the right place at the right time I guess, congrats. Makes one wonder what else was dumped, (cents, nickels, quarters, halves), plus how many MORE DIMES that you did not get.

Right? It's killing me - thinking about it just makes me want to go get some more... I'll definitely be buying my bank tellers some doughnuts!

Wow... that just doesn't happen these days! Congrats! Out of curiosity, what were the Dates & MM of the Mercs and the Canadian ones?
Nice! What were the dates on the Mercury dimes?

The dates on the Mercury Dimes were the following: 1 Dateless, 1 1925, 1 1934, 1 1938, 1941(S), 2 1942, 1 1943(D). I put a few of them away in a folder.
For the Canadian Dimes, I picked a 1964 and a 1948.

Wow, read the description and was totally expecting this to be a halves box...you just don't see dime boxes like that. Nice score!
What he said - exactly what I was thinking.

Haha, clickbaited!

P1000517Edit.jpg

HH,

~StF

Bquamb

Dec 29, 2014
Vancouver Island
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, EQ 800, AT-Pro, Xterra-505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if only I could find Canadian silver dimes here ......

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's an awesome haul. Congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread