200th Buffalo, a good day and other oddities

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Well I was stuck on Buffalo #199 for the last $2,132 worth of nickels. Today I picked up $190 worth of mixed CWR and MWR and ended up pulling 5 total Buff's, my second best Buffalo day. All the Buff's were dated, including a nice 1920-S ('20-S, '29-S, '34-D, '36, '36-D). One $12 grouping of CWR nickels had 3, including a '36-D reverse ender which was #200 for me. Also pulled 2 war nickels ('43-P, '44-S). Felt good to hit a little vein today. Found a nice clipped nickel as well. Has some gum or something on it so it's soaking right now.

Dimes produced a lone '63-D out of almost 2 boxes worth.

Pennies produced 16 wheaties, nothing remarkable and I found my standard ~11 solid copper rolls. I still can't figure out why nearly every time I go out in this area I find date sorted pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters. Usually the they're labeled "pre-82". These ones weren't. I've only ever found 1 wheat in them.

Quarters produced a lone '42, which is my oldest American quarter. Been doing well lately with them, 7 out of the last $1,400. I also bought 3 rolls of state quarters that the person directly in front of me turned in still in PVC tubes?!?! First time I've ever seen that. Their little dump gave me the 3 buffalo's, 1 war nick, the silver quarter and a total of 3 nickels crammed into the 3 CWR quarter rolls I bought. Classy move. The rolls were packed with hair and smelled like cat pee.

Picked up 2 40%ers out of 2 boxes.

Overall a very fun day. Glad I broke the Buffalo funk.

Upvote 0

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score! I hope you got a picture of that buffalo ender for the end roll finds thread.

Also, 7 silver quarters out of just $1400?? How'd you come up with luck like that and where can I get some?:laughing7:

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Nice score! I hope you got a picture of that buffalo ender for the end roll finds thread.

Also, 7 silver quarters out of just $1400?? How'd you come up with luck like that and where can I get some?:laughing7:
I've been grabbing maybe $100-200 a week worth I quarters the last few weeks and have managed to find 1, 5 & 1 out of them. Starting to figure it out a little. May hunt them more moving forward to see what happens.

On the ender, I generally don't post pictures. I think pictures promote new entrants far more than posts do. Don't know if it's true or not.

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice job! I just hit Buffalo #20 this past Saturday - a nice 1925 Philly.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions