All I could get, but not upset.

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
I owed a friend of mine $12.53 for buying me something at a store because I forgot my wallet. On the way back home I went into a bank that I don't ask for anything but loose halves at, since the head teller is extremely against giving anybody rolled coin without having a business account. I withdrawed the $12.53 and before passing it to my buddy, I noticed all 3 cents were wheats. Upon this discovery I bought the other 15 cents from this tellers tray and sure enough, all 18 coins were wheat cents, with 4 being pre 1940. I didn't bother asking for rolls if cents, knowing I very likely would have been turned down by the nearby sniper, but its a little saddening not knowing what I missed out on. I'm pleased regardless.

Upvote 0

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have asked anyways. Worst he/she can say is "no". Just make up a story that you are filling coin albums with your kid and they should have no problem selling you a few rolls.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tell the banks I am doing a metal detecting contest for kids and I bury coins for them, they sell me rolls even if I don't have an account there.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Let me get this straight: you HAVE an account, and the head teller won't sell you rolls, even a few cent rolls??? I don't usually advocate going over the teller's head, but in this case I'd be having a long, serious chat with the branch manager. What she is doing is unacceptable, likely against policy, and could easily be construed as literally chasing away customers. I'd wager that the manager would thank you for bringing this to their attention.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After re-reading your post i noticed that you were not even being helped by the head teller. You most likely would have been given whatever you asked for if you just would have asked. Sometimes you psych yourself out of good things. I know I am guilty of thinking to much sometimes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread