All I could get, but not upset.
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By ThePt78Gamer
  • 1 Post By Back-of-the-boat
  • 1 Post By FormerTeller

Thread: All I could get, but not upset.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2014
    Maine
    75 times
    Coin Roll Hunting

I owed a friend of mine $12.53 for buying me something at a store because I forgot my wallet. On the way back home I went into a bank that I don't ask for anything but loose halves at, since the head teller is extremely against giving anybody rolled coin without having a business account. I withdrawed the $12.53 and before passing it to my buddy, I noticed all 3 cents were wheats. Upon this discovery I bought the other 15 cents from this tellers tray and sure enough, all 18 coins were wheat cents, with 4 being pre 1940. I didn't bother asking for rolls if cents, knowing I very likely would have been turned down by the nearby sniper, but its a little saddening not knowing what I missed out on. I'm pleased regardless.

Feb 2013
    517 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I would have asked anyways. Worst he/she can say is "no". Just make up a story that you are filling coin albums with your kid and they should have no problem selling you a few rolls.

us
    steve andermatt

Apr 2013
    California
    AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
    5592 times
    I tell the banks I am doing a metal detecting contest for kids and I bury coins for them, they sell me rolls even if I don't have an account there.
    dirtdigginfool likes this.
    back of the boat

us
    Apr 2011
    1347 times

Let me get this straight: you HAVE an account, and the head teller won't sell you rolls, even a few cent rolls I don't usually advocate going over the teller's head, but in this case I'd be having a long, serious chat with the branch manager. What she is doing is unacceptable, likely against policy, and could easily be construed as literally chasing away customers. I'd wager that the manager would thank you for bringing this to their attention.
    jcole77 likes this.

us
    May 2016
    229 times
    Coin Roll Hunting
    Get back over to that bank ASAP!

Feb 2013
    517 times
    After re-reading your post i noticed that you were not even being helped by the head teller. You most likely would have been given whatever you asked for if you just would have asked. Sometimes you psych yourself out of good things. I know I am guilty of thinking to much sometimes.

Sponsored Links