Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Started the day rough when a teller told me she had just given away a bunch of half rolls because she had misplaced my number and they were sitting around. The rest of the run had been cleaned out by the hunter who had been a few days ahead of me. I changed areas and went by a branch I frequent but I have never had success there. Its not for lack of trying and the tellers are kind and save me everything but I guess no silver has come across their counter. I got $4.50 in clad halves and was about to go on my way when I mentioned the big dollar coins and the teller lit up and she handed these over! As soon as I heard the first one hit the counter I was stoked. The Morgan has some rim damage and is a common year but this is one off the bucket list. A manager at a different branch got four the week before and I offered to buy them but we have not discussed it further. I am happy to have my own for $1 each no less! This weeks been good and I have a good feeling about today. Thought you all might need some inspiration. Good luck n happy hunting.

Attachments

• IMG_20160901_170658861 (1).jpg
    IMG_20160901_170658861 (1).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 115
Upvote 0

The Dirt Pirate

Dec 21, 2015
Los Angeles CA/ Las Vegas NV
Detector(s) used
White's GMT, White's M6, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab SDC 2300, White's DFX, White's MXT, White's XLT, Garrett 2500 GTI, Fisher F75, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab GPX 5000, Minelab GPZ 7000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Sweet ladies. It also is a reminder to always ask for large dollars. Even if you get Ikes, they are easy to sell. There are numerous varieties The Ike Group to search for and the rest can be dumped on eBay for $1.25/each. Every now and then, you'll get lucky and snag a Peace, Morgan or ASE. If you make a practice of taking their Big Dollars, they will love you as they have no spot for them in their drawer/coin-tray. The tellers just treat them as a nuisance.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread