Forgotten, hidden silver!

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have this little lip thing inside my dresser above the top drawer, I can't see it but I can feel along it with my hand. I'll hide money there when I don't want my wife knowing I have extra cash. So tonight I put some money there and I feel around to see if I have forgotten any. My hand hits a plastic bag. I pull it out, and I find these 4 quarters:
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1472866517.312275.jpg
1901 Barber, 1925 and a dateless Standing Liberty, and a 1932 Washington. To be honest with you, I don't even remember where or when I got these. Some of the best coins are found in hiding places we have forgotten about....thanks.

Upvote 0

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I have this little lip thing inside my dresser above the top drawer, I can't see it but I can feel along it with my hand. I'll hide money there when I don't want my wife knowing I have extra cash. So tonight I put some money there and I feel around to see if I have forgotten any. My hand hits a plastic bag. I pull it out, and I find these 4 quarters:
View attachment 1354561
1901 Barber, 1925 and a dateless Standing Liberty, and a 1932 Washington. To be honest with you, I don't even remember where or when I got these. Some of the best coins are found in hiding places we have forgotten about....thanks.

Can you flip over that 1932 Washington? If it's got a mint mark on the back, it's worth some serious money!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I think that if the mint had made the die relief a little deeper & sharper, that the SLQ detail design would have looked as good as the Merc dime. Both are nice designed coins back in their own era.

OP
OP
barneyb71

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No mint marks on any of them, wish there was....I put them back where they were. Maybe I'll forget about them again and then find them again. I really don't remember where I got them.

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
No mint marks on any of them, wish there was....I put them back where they were. Maybe I'll forget about them again and then find them again. I really don't remember where I got them.

Well, the 32-P is still a nice, scarce coin... I was very happy to grab one out of my dealer's junk silver box a few months ago for $3.25.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions