The things people pay with...

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
Another work story is here! Last Tuesday I was working 6pm-12am. Someone paid with a nice crisp 1977 A series $5 note, and I really wanted it, but unfortunately I didn't have the cash in my wallet to swap it out, so away it went as part of change to someone else. A bit later that night around 10pm, a woman pays with a much better note, and there was no way I was letting this onr get away. So I sucked it up and withdrew a $20 from the ATM near the counter and took the $3.25 fee for withdrawing with a grain of salt. :( However! I chatted with my bank about having to use a foreign atm the next day since I remembered something about atm forgiveness and it looks like I'm getting that $3.25 reimbursed! As for the note, here it is... My oldest bill find ever. :icon_thumright:

20160908_144123.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ThePt78Gamer

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
For those who can't see Its a 1934 A series. Its oretty flimsy, but has no rips/tears. Very happy to grab this! I believe this one is called a lime green seal or something? Not the best when it comes to the very old notes.

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hell yeah man that's awesome! I did the same thing when I worked as a cashier. My favorite find was a 1962 b Barr note. People pay with crazy things!

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I was at my local chain coffee shop a while back and at the drive-thru the guy working there gave me my change and made sure to explain that the big coin that he gave me was worth $1. I told him that I knew all about them and that it was fine. It was a 1978 Ike. If I hadn't been in a hurry to get to work and if he had spoken better English, I would have asked if he had any more of them in the drawer. Someone must have needed their caffeine fix REALLY bad that morning.

OP
OP
ThePt78Gamer

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
Hell yeah man that's awesome! I did the same thing when I worked as a cashier. My favorite find was a 1962 b Barr note. People pay with crazy things!

That would be a 1963 B barr note, and I've actually scored two of them in the last couple months from the register. There isn't really a consistent flow to the finds like there was around May/June. It always seems Ill go a few weeks without finding anything but common date wheats and then out of nowhere Ill get a really good find.

Pudsbrat

Aug 21, 2004
Mena Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Garrett ProPointer....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife was the assistant manager of a Murphy's gas station in front of our Walmart for awhile...early one morning she had a lady come in with a 1950 $5 bill...she noticed it wasn't the same as today's bills and called me....bought it from her ...then a lady came in a week later with a 1934 $5....bought it too...then she called me one morning and a lady had paid for gas and cigs with a Peace dollar....got it too...2 days later same thing again....

Picasimus

Apr 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I deliver newspapers, l ALWAYS have cash in my pocket to buy odd ball stuff from the cashiers at my stops. Just got a 1928 d 2 dollar bill the other night.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread