A shiney IFFY box of dimes

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Picked up five dimes boxes Saturday from three banks. The last bank pickup of one box had a very high exposure of new 2016 enders, but yet there was some showing older clads. I decided to keep the box, opened each roll and rim checked, knowing darn well that I will be looking at mostly brand new coins. Yes, most of them were new, but to my suprise I managed to pull 2-Rosie's & 1-Can (1957). Do you know that it's very difficult to see the white rim silver among new clads. However, I won't complain, only stack some more silver.

Upvote 0

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dozer I've had a couple boxes like that. I had one box that was around 75% 2015 but managed 4 silvers and they were hard to see

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What makes them hard to see when there is all new clad?

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The shine from the new ones kinda masks the silver ones. You have to move the roll around so you can see it from different angles then you can see the silver better.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't hunt dimes much but experienced the same phenomenon when I bought some MWR rolls. They are all so bright it took me a while to see the silver.

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks guys, I thought it was just my old eyes that couldn't see the WHITE RIM from among the glare of the new clad coins. HH DozerD

mrbks22

Sep 13, 2016
Texas
Detector(s) used
Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't searched dimes, but I do have old eyes and that sounds like a box I'd have to date check.

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Haven't searched dimes, but I do have old eyes and that sounds like a box I'd have to date check.

I usually date check ALL my dime boxes, but this time I thought it would be a waste of time since there was SO MANY NEW CLADS in each roll. Lucky I even opened the rolls & not consider the box as all new.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions