Finally a 2016 NIFC Half! And two 40%-ers too!

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Been hoping I would find one of these at some point... and today was my lucky day! Also found a 66 and a 68-D in my 10 MWR, along with 16 other NIFCs! What a batch!
2016D half 2 40s.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
The '15 and '16 NIFC's look so much better than the previous ones. Glad to see they adjusted the relief. Nice finds.

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang those do look good! One guy on YouTube made a really good point to me. He told me I should go get an NIFC collection book and I just thought...why don't I already have one? That's something that would make half dollar searching even more fun, since you don't always find silver. Who here uses NIFC books?

OP
OP
J

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Dang those do look good! One guy on YouTube made a really good point to me. He told me I should go get an NIFC collection book and I just thought...why don't I already have one? That's something that would make half dollar searching even more fun, since you don't always find silver. Who here uses NIFC books?

A good point, though I would rather put them in albums. When storing Uncirculated clad coins in books, they do tend to use their luster, and even tarnish over time. I normally just put them in air-tight tubes. I have found one set (2002-2015) of them from circulation... working on the 2nd set now...

OP
OP
J

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
The '15 and '16 NIFC's look so much better than the previous ones. Glad to see they adjusted the relief. Nice finds.

Thank you! All I need now is that 2016-P!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I found 2 solid rolls of 2016p&d halves back in June, have not seen any since. Unfortunately they were part of someone's dump and were not in their original US Mint wrappers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread