I swear they were begging for my halves dump

mrbks22

Sep 13, 2016
Texas
Detector(s) used
Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week I went to a bank I've only used as a dump bank one time. Partly because it's very out of the way, and partly because it's EXTREMELY out of the way. The plus is there is another branch not too terribly far away so I can split a big dump on them both.

I walked in and there were two employees, both guys, in the lobby basically opening the door and greeting people. One guy was obviously new and being trained by the other. I walked in carrying a bag with $1000 dollars in halves. Well, I say walked, more like hobbled as my left knee is shot and I really tweaked my back getting those coins out of the car. My plan was to dump $1000 here and another $500 in halves and $200 in nickels at the 2nd bank. A total of $1700. But I digress, so let's continue.

The two guys were laughing (in a whoa that's a lot of halves kind of way) as I started dumping them into the coin counter. Sure enough, as I begin my $1000 dump, I get $7.50 cents in when the bag is full. Nice. I apologize to the young new employee and he says, don't apologize, I need the training and besides, we just changed this machine out and this one needs to be broken in. It does and you do I say? Yes sir he says. After I start pouring in the halves again, I mention how much I appreciate his understanding and he again tells me that its all good. After he pulls bag two, I know he's going to be close to pulling a third bag and I mention that I have more in the car, but I'm taking them to another bank so I don't cause him too much work. He says, please don't. Just bring them in. We need to break this machine in good. We both laughed and after I finished running the first $1000 I head out to the car and bring in the other $700. He has to empty the half bag again and the nickel bag too, but he did it with a smile and I've never had such a good dump experience at a bank. I told him I would try not to see him for a month or so and he said come back anytime. I went out to my car and got a bag of Hershey miniature chocolates I had picked up for my pickup bank and gave them to the two guys and they were blown away that anyone would do that. I won't wear out my welcome there, but I think I found a good place.

Happy Hunting!

Upvote 0

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just gave the babes at my CU donuts today--they need the energy to lift the $1K half bag:laughing7:

Oquario79

Sep 5, 2015
NC/SC Border
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my coworkers is a baker and I asked him to bake me an extra cinnamon raisin bread... the girls at my dump bank loved it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread