A near dream come true that wasn't

mrbks22

Sep 13, 2016
Texas
Detector(s) used
Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday I was at a new dump bank that has a coin machine. I was about 2/3 of the way through a $1000 dump when a nice little old lady came wheeling in with her walker. It had a big basket on it and it was loaded with gallon baggies that were full of the black film containers. You know, the kind from a few years ago before everyone used digital cameras? Anyway, she dropped a few quarters on the ground and I helped her pick them up. None of them were silver, but I was prepared to jump all over this opportunity and offer to buy her silver coins at a good price for both of us. I mean, she was just going to dump them in the machine and I was more than happy to give her more than that.

I hadn't done that type of buy before so I'm trying to figure out in my head what to offer her when she starts talking about how she "hoarded all those dumb state quarters and they aren't worth anything". Sure enough, she had about $300 dollars worth of state quarters along with another $50 or so in "brand new shiny pennies". I did the right thing and helped her load the machine up, all the while keeping an eye out just in case there was a solid roll of SL Quarter mixed in, but it was not to be. I helped her to the counter and went on my happy way.

Not quite as happy as I could have been, but at least I did a good deed by helping her. Now if that would just come back in the way of a good box.

Happy Hunting!

Upvote 0

Oquario79

Sep 5, 2015
NC/SC Border
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way I see it is that no good deed goes unnoticed.. You will get your reward when you least expect it.

Last edited:

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True. After asking the parents I offer any well behaved kids in the bank candies I bring for the tellers. Its a hit. Not sure if the tellers notice but whatever, its a feel good for me. I am aware that there are already lolly pops for them on the teller line lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread