A bad day of hunting means you're closer to the next good one.

Spizzerinctum

Mar 8, 2013
Western Hemisphere
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't had any remarkable days hunting for a while. Mostly average or less than average finds but still adding to the stack slowly. Nickels have really stopped producing much and to be honest, I considered taking a break. But after the day I had this week I'm ready to hit it hard again. Tuesday I stopped at a bank that lets me purchase bags from the counting machine. I bought a bag of dimes ($1000), nickels ($200), and 2 bags of cents ($50 each). I started with the dimes and was happy to find 10 Rosies from the 40's and 50's and 5 from the 60's, the best bag in a long time. Then, I dug into the nickels and started finding a war nickel or two in each handful. I ended up pulling 89 war nickels! Now I'm hoping the cents are from the same person. Apparently it was. I found 641 wheat cents, including 26 that were teens, 20s and 30s. I might not have that much fun again for a while , but I'll slog through, knowing that next exceptional find is coming!

Upvote 0

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice to hear a story like that, kind of perks up my love of this hobby, instead of hearing all about skunks.

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go back for the quarters and halves!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
S

Spizzerinctum

Mar 8, 2013
Western Hemisphere
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did. The halves weren't full yet and 2 bags of quarters only produced one silver (1942). But at least I don't have to wonder about what might have been.
Go back for the quarters and halves!!!!!!!!!!!!

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven't had any remarkable days hunting for a while. Mostly average or less than average finds but still adding to the stack slowly. Nickels have really stopped producing much and to be honest, I considered taking a break. But after the day I had this week I'm ready to hit it hard again. Tuesday I stopped at a bank that lets me purchase bags from the counting machine. I bought a bag of dimes ($1000), nickels ($200), and 2 bags of cents ($50 each). I started with the dimes and was happy to find 10 Rosies from the 40's and 50's and 5 from the 60's, the best bag in a long time. Then, I dug into the nickels and started finding a war nickel or two in each handful. I ended up pulling 89 war nickels! Now I'm hoping the cents are from the same person. Apparently it was. I found 641 wheat cents, including 26 that were teens, 20s and 30s. I might not have that much fun again for a while , but I'll slog through, knowing that next exceptional find is coming!

Very nice finds! Congrats! Did you happen to get at least a full set of War Nickels out of it or any key date nickels? 89 is a lot!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions