Ho Hum 43 part silvers turns AWESOME

CTRollHunter

Mar 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought $700 in halves from a bank that never has halves. I figured they were a dump, especially because several rolls were marked with an X.

But I wound up with 43 part silver halves. Great for silver (about 6 ounces) but not very interesting.

So I turned in my clad at the dump bank and stopped at a fourth bank on my way home. Glad I did. They only had one roll, but it was worth getting:

2016-10-26.jpg

Total for the day of 63 silver coins and just under 14 ounces!

Upvote 0

Oquario79

Sep 5, 2015
NC/SC Border
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh that is awesome CT.. recently found a solid of 64's and in July almost a full of Franklin's.. Will be very sweet when I score my first solid of Walker's or dare I say..... Barber's...

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Being ALL WALKERS, for sure from someone's collection hoard. Fantastic hunt, LUCKY to be at the right place at the right time.

OP
OP
C

CTRollHunter

Mar 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, probably from someone's collection. I was surprised it was only one roll, though. I even went back to make sure they had no more.

It has been a good year. On 5 separate days I have gotten more than 10 ounces. One day I got over 50 ounces from a single bank. I am well over 200 ounces for the year and I actually haven't had much time to look!

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, probably from someone's collection. I was surprised it was only one roll, though. I even went back to make sure they had no more.

It has been a good year. On 5 separate days I have gotten more than 10 ounces. One day I got over 50 ounces from a single bank. I am well over 200 ounces for the year and I actually haven't had much time to look!

What an awesome score!!!! Did you go back and just ask for halves? I'd go back to the first bank and the last bank and ask for cents, dimes, nickels and quarters!

Any better dates on the walkers?

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CT - that is a phenomenal score! Congrats. I have yet to get anything other than boxes..never anything loose or things like you just got. Happy Hunting...Brad

agolddigger

Oct 28, 2016
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's a great find - congrats!

This forum is giving me the itch to open up some bank accounts & start CRH'ing again :P

OP
OP
C

CTRollHunter

Mar 25, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More part silver finds today

I found another 26 40% part silver halves and
2 90% part silver halves today.

I suppose even .999 pure silver bars are part silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions