How do I find FREE local coin counting machines?

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I've read a few posts about dumping at a bank that has a free coin counter that you can use. that sounds wonderful. But, where do I find out about a free counter? Is there a way to see if there is one in the north Phoenix area? Or do I hvae to go into every bank and just ask each one individually?

I don't see many counters here at all, much less free ones. I see more at the supermarket, and all those of course charge outrageous fees.

ANy thoughts on finding one? :-)

John

Upvote 0

killerwine

Feb 24, 2005
Visalia, CA
Not sure if Union Bank of California does business in Az but most branches here have free coin counters for customers with accounts...

OP
OP
jrf30

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Thanks. NOthing free in the Phoenix area on that site, but it was worth looking. :-)

John

clad or sad

Tenderfoot
May 6, 2011
Hi John, I was wondering if you ever found a free coin counter in Phoenix? I saw that some credit unions had them, for members only...thanks, Gavin.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
killerwine said:
Not sure if Union Bank of California does business in Az but most branches here have free coin counters for customers with accounts...

Union Bank up here does not have them. None up here that I know of. I wonder why. I actually got really used to re-wrapping rolls of pennies. I use my scale to determine accuracy.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Dont take this the wrong way but........by looking

The best time is when going on bank runs looking for silver. Also be aware that some have coin counters in the back. With these you will have to have an account and with these you need to ask to find them. Calling a branch and asking if any other branches have coin counters and if they are free may help.

OP
OP
jrf30

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
clad or sad said:
Hi John, I was wondering if you ever found a free coin counter in Phoenix? I saw that some credit unions had them, for members only...thanks, Gavin.

Absolutely. I found a bank that has numerous branches that ALL have free counters. And they are VERY accomodating. they change bags when i fill them, they ask where I've been when I am not there for a while, and they are genuinely glad to see me. Know me by name. It worked out very well. And they have like 6 branches in my area where i travel, so I can spread out dumps on heavy weeks if i wish.

:-)

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most Walmarts that have banks have coin counters you can use for free if you are a customer. At least they do in Texas. Perhaps open up a small account to use the service?

apush :read2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread