My best silver day ever

mrbks22

Sep 13, 2016
Texas
Detector(s) used
Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On Tuesday, I dumped all my weekend coins and pickup up a lone box of halves, my first bag of cents and two more bags of quarters.

The half box turned out to be my best box ever (from a short sample of 36 boxes). My previous record was 7 (all 40%ers) from my very first box. This box turned out to have 8 (I know, paltry by some of your standards). However, it had a couple of nice enders.

053.JPG

The first ender on the left was actually my 3rd ender, but the first one I noticed before opening the roll. It's next to a clad ender because I was trying to show my mom the difference and how to tell one was silver.

054.JPG

The second is my very first Bender ever! That is some kind of sweet to see!

I saved those two rolls for last and before I opened them, I found 5 others in the box. The reverse ender gave up two and the Bender roll had just the one Franklin. It was so much fun finding that many in one box. I'd probably pass out if I found double digits, much less a dream box. The best part is that of the 8 silvers, 6 were 90%ers! A '68, '69, 5 - '64s and the Ben, a shiny '63.

067.JPG

In my previous 35 boxes, I'd only found 3 90%ers so to find 6 in one box was great.

The two quarter bags were fairly uneventful except for one handful, which produced my first quarter in the wild.

063.JPG

Gotta say, that silver quarter was a sight for sore eyes. That's one silver quarter in $3000 searched. The only plus is that my dump bank machines hold $2000 in quarters so it's pretty easy to dump them without multiple bag fill ups.

Happy Hunting!

Upvote 0

dibdab

Jan 8, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beautiful bender you have there! nice haul.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. :icon_thumleft:

Unless you have a very rare dump bank, hitting them with $2000+ at a whack, multiple times per month will likely wear out your welcome very quickly. Hopefully not, but just going on my own experience as well as years of reading this forum, it most likely will. Personally, I wouldn't want to lose a precious dump bank over quarters that so far aren't producing, nor would really be expected to produce in the future.

I've had both kinds of dump banks. I had one that I think I could have brought in $10,000 per day and it wouldn't have been a problem. Not once did they even ask if I had an account. I had another where I was green-lighted by the branch manager to bring in up to $1000 in halves per week (and for this I would move a decent sized CD to their bank for deposit). They cut me off after just a few weeks of only dumping ~$500 per week on them.

Just a little friendly advice. Do with it what you will.

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have a very good relationship with your dump bank, ask them if you can dump the quarters in CoinLok bags of $1000 without sending them through the machine.
Rarely, but occasionally, banks will allow it.

OP
OP
M

mrbks22

Sep 13, 2016
Texas
Detector(s) used
Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. :icon_thumleft:

Unless you have a very rare dump bank, hitting them with $2000+ at a whack, multiple times per month will likely wear out your welcome very quickly. Hopefully not, but just going on my own experience as well as years of reading this forum, it most likely will. Personally, I wouldn't want to lose a precious dump bank over quarters that so far aren't producing, nor would really be expected to produce in the future.

I've had both kinds of dump banks. I had one that I think I could have brought in $10,000 per day and it wouldn't have been a problem. Not once did they even ask if I had an account. I had another where I was green-lighted by the branch manager to bring in up to $1000 in halves per week (and for this I would move a decent sized CD to their bank for deposit). They cut me off after just a few weeks of only dumping ~$500 per week on them.

Just a little friendly advice. Do with it what you will.

As a newbie, I appreciate ANY and ALL advice. I've read the newbie thread and I've been reading the old posts (I'm on page 168 going backwards). I am very sensitive to the quantity I'm dumping at my dump banks. Fortunately I have 8 branches and I spread the dumps out, both quantity and frequency so I can keep from doing to much to one branch. So far I've been able to avoid going to any one branch two weeks in a row.

Keep that advice coming!

OP
OP
M

mrbks22

Sep 13, 2016
Texas
Detector(s) used
Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have a very good relationship with your dump bank, ask them if you can dump the quarters in CoinLok bags of $1000 without sending them through the machine.
Rarely, but occasionally, banks will allow it.

So far the dump bank relationship is good at every branch, but no luck on the bags. All of them have machines that have 4 quarter bags that hold $500 each so I've been spreading the dumps out and as of yet, haven't had a single time where they've had to pull the quarter bags for me. Half bags...well that's a whole different story.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice silver saves!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread