Dime bag,$1000, finally

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
One of my branch banks had always offered to sell me bags off the machine, but I never had the cash available nor the right timing to pick up on the weekend. Well finally, this one young female teller that transferred from one of the other branches that I deal with had HELD a filled dime bag for me. Luckily for me she was there today, otherwise the bank would have shipped it out mid next week. I asked her if the bag got filled from only a few customers, or many people. She said that it took several days & people to fill it, which is fine, in that it is not a DUMP from another hunter. I'll let you all know the final results. Crossing my fingers for some AG.
HH, DozerD

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess it depends on the volume of customers the bank deals with but when I was buying bags off of a coin machine of one of my banks, it would take 7-10 days for a $1,000 bag of dimes to fill. Good luck!

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Buff: I would sooner take longer with more people, rather than a few CRHers like me to fill the bag TOO QUICKLY. Going this route, sooner or later I just might hit a small collection dump. As a matter of fact, this tell told me that there's a guy that brings in roughly $500 +/- in quarters each week, so you know he's a hunter of GW quarters. Keep stacking.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you skunk out then the counter rejects silvers (which also will mean a qtr bag)----BUT, some machines like to count dimes as pennies, so a penny bag could be a better bet, any chance to get a nickel bag is a sure bet---and that_____you can take to the bank :laughing7::laughing7:

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
At least NOT A SKUNK !!!
Gone through about two-thirds of the dime bag and found 6-Rosie's so far. Maybe one or two remain to be found, however, I'm happy with what I found and that it wasn't a complete SKUNK. HH Dozer

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the sun is shining 8-) you found a counter that takes AG-----get every bag they will sell

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
My banks here don't have counters, so they sold me $1,000 bags of cwr. Loved 'em!
Moved 'em out through the CU, which took the bags of loose dimes. Loved them even more -

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Final total on the $1000-bag was 7-Rosie's. I'm happy with that number, better than a skunk

treeslayer

Apr 9, 2010
That's a good amount of dimes for a bag. I would do 2 or 3 bags a week. my best was 240. but my average was about 5. If u hit a lot of dimes, go back and buy quarter bag and half bag . I had several good scores on dimes which lead to great scores on the quarters and halfs. about 175 on quarter and 100 on halfs. hope all you guys are doing well, I haven't posted in awhile. been setting up a hunting camp. HH Brian

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
ANOTHER DIME BAG, last one was on Nov.12.
Was able to get another dime bag from the same branch as the other bag on 11/12/16. Same young teller, matter of fact she even went to the coin counter to see if any bags were full. On this machine, each demon has two bags, so she pulled the full dime bag for me and said that this was the next bag that got filled since the last one that I got. So two week turn-around is a fairly long time to get filled, which is what I'd prefer. I'll let you all know results after checking them this holiday.

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Results of the second $1000 dime bag, with 6-Rosie's; BUT, was able to pull two 1955-S (semi-key i believe) from the six Rosie's. I'm happy with those numbers, or 1.5/box, which is better than the less than 1.0/per actual box that I've been running.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions