A little long distanced newbie luck

mrbks22

Sep 13, 2016
Texas
Detector(s) used
Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little background is necessary for the title to make sense.

I have two sons in the high school marching band. They both play saxophones and they are pretty good, if I do say so myself. This year they have a band trip. I don't know where yet, but my oldest son went to New York City with the band two years ago and that cost $900. My dear sweet mother, all 60 years and 120 pounds of her decided she wanted to start scrapping as a way to raise some money to help pay for the trip. She's always been into recycling and her thought was that she could kill two birds with one stone. Well, she found lots of stuff, but the scrap prices are so low that we would take a full pickup load and get $30-$40. She's "hoarding" the copper wire until the prices go up. Anyway, I found a silver dime in my change in late August and got the idea that it would be easier on her if we started CRH'ing to help pay for the trips.

She said I should do it and gave me $1000 for my seed money (all of which she will get back someday...maybe.) I started and rather quickly added to my CRH'ing fund until it got up to what it is today. I did 90% of the hunting on my own, but she comes up every couple of weeks and I make sure we have some coins to look through. As a matter of fact, she helped me go through the bag off the machine last weekend where I found 21 silvers.

On Tuesday of this week, I suggested to her that she hit up her bank at home to see if they had any CWRs. She said she would and promptly forgot about it. Yesterday I get a text saying she had made it to her bank and they had two CWRs. She asked to buy them and they teller got them from the vault. She opened the first one and sent me a text.

Mom roll 1.jpg

She couldn't believe it and I just shook my head. 6 40%ers in the first roll.

Mom roll 2.jpg

The second roll was the same. 6 more 40%ers.

I told that she had the sweet newbie luck.

I've searched $20,500 in halves since September with 41 40%ers to show for it. She picks up $20 and adds another 12 to the stack.

Now she can't wait to get up here and add them to the pile and see how it looks.

Happy Hunting All!

Upvote 0

hokielegend

Nov 8, 2012
east
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good story indeed. Ever considered having your 2 sons doing landscaping jobs (grass cutting, leaf raking or snow removal...) around the neighborhood for donations?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!! Love that you're putting effort into a hobby that you enjoy to support your kids too!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread