This will be know as "The silver weekend of 2016". Oh and some buffs too!

I've got the bug

Jun 2, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett infinium ls, Whites treasure pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 141
Upvote 0

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
I agree it was a great weekend for me too. Two boxes of halves, one box was a dud, the other gave up 102 40% and 3 90%. Maybe we both just got lucky and will probably have another string of dud boxes for a while. Congratulations on your score!! Never Give up

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, you two really rocked it. I got almost squat last week. Maybe I'll get better this week. GL and HH...Brad

hokielegend

Nov 8, 2012
east
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree it was a great weekend for me too. Two boxes of halves, one box was a dud, the other gave up 102 40% and 3 90%. Maybe we both just got lucky and will probably have another string of dud boxes for a while. Congratulations on your score!! Never Give up

Good job.
What is even more amazing is that you found this in AZ(?!), where some member posted about an experience of a streak of 75 skunked boxes?

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
Well ya know when you find coins in the boxes like I/we did it really is like someone tossing 4 or 5 rolls of coins into a coin machine. They get added to the hundreds of other coins and get tossed into the machine and it spits out the rolled coins and stuck into a box. You never know when your going to be the one to get 'that' box that got some good silver coins tossed in. I keep saying it is a hobby, one that sometimes pays off and lets me win a few good coins. I only for the mostpart have face value invested, other than time to go get the boxes and hunt them. What other hobby like this can and sometimes does pay off with a big smile and extra money in our pocket? Never Give Up!!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wow, you did very well at the bank! The Buffalo nickels are a nice surprise!

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to the bank and picked up 70 dollars in halfs and 100 in nickels. I ended up with 22 40%, 3 90%, two war nickels, and two dated buffs!!!!!

:thumbsup: Congrats on a nice teller score. BTY If any of them are 1965, weight them as some 90% blanks were used instead of 40% blanks. The 40% coin weights 11.5 grams while the 90% coin will weight 12.5 grams. Also check any of your 1966 as some of them are missing the designers initials (FG) on the back. Both of these are error coins. Just out of couriousty what were the dates & mintmarks on the buffalo nickels?
HH
Gary

Last edited:
OP
OP
I've got the bug

I've got the bug

Jun 2, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sorry I haven't been on to reply, but man you had a great score!!!

OP
OP
I've got the bug

I've got the bug

Jun 2, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll have to check for any errors. The buffs were a 1936 S and a 1937, which I think was a D, but I'll have to double check.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions