Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thursday's 2 boxes. Above average and below equals AVERAGE

Got two boxes last Thursday (July 12th), and just got the pictures up today. Sorry for the delay. My wife and I consume the boxes as soon as they come in, of course. :)

I usually unroll and roll the coins for her since we have to return them in rolled forum. So I give her about 30% before I can't stand it any longer. ;D

In the first box she found 8 40%'ers and I found 3. That's a bit above average. Also found 2 gold plated 1984's with dates stamped into them (1960-1980 and 1960-1985). If these are work histories, that seems sinister to stamp them into a "1984" coin. ;) Big brother knows how long you've been here. LOL.

The second box had only 1 1964 :'(. That makes for my usual of about 1 ounce per box. I'm still very happy. Since I put the money back into an interest bearing account between boxes, I've figured my rate of return at about 85%-95% for the year.

HH.

Attachments

• BoxfindzJuly 001.jpg
    BoxfindzJuly 001.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 229
Upvote 0

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Thursday's 2 boxes. Above average and below equals AVERAGE

Bud, if you're pulling anything from boxes here in Georgia, you're doing better than me. I've probably gone through a couple of dozen boxes here lately, and I ain't found flip in any of them.

I think there are two transport companies here on the coast ~ Loomis and EM. All boxes I've gotten from their service lately have been skunks... even the last one dated Oct '06, and '06 boxes were producing there for a while.

I keep ordering two boxes a week, and if I find boxes somewhere I'll buy 'em, but they ain't producing.

Hand rolls are where I'm finding a few.

Robin

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505

I hunt in central Georgia and have had luck with rolls and loose halves lately. I haven't had the cash to buy boxes in a long time.

I know there is at least one other person that hunts the same region, but don't know who he is. A lot of times I will go into a bank and they will say, "we sold all of our rolls in the vault to a guy last week."

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007

That makes for my usual of about 1 ounce per box.
I like thinking in terms of "ounces per box." And knowing that ounce didn't cost you anywhere near spot is very satisfying.

A lot of times I will go into a bank and they will say, "we sold all of our rolls in the vault to a guy last week."
I hate that!

OP
OP
Sheldius

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CaptainRobin said:
Bud, if you're pulling anything from boxes here in Georgia, you're doing better than me. I've probably gone through a couple of dozen boxes here lately, and I ain't found flip in any of them.

I think there are two transport companies here on the coast ~ Loomis and EM. All boxes I've gotten from their service lately have been skunks... even the last one dated Oct '06, and '06 boxes were producing there for a while.

I keep ordering two boxes a week, and if I find boxes somewhere I'll buy 'em, but they ain't producing.

Hand rolls are where I'm finding a few.

Robin

Well, keep at it. Kickstart had a dry streak here in GA and if finally broke. Isn't there a distribution center in Savanah? I've had luck with boxes from Loomis and Dunbar, so maybe they are pulling from Atlanta. There have NEVER been any inspection stamps/date on any of the boxes I've ordered delivered from either service.

If you knock them out at the banks before the go back, maybe you have choked off the supply that was salting the boxes. Won't get more until you order enough to get some shipped in from elsewhere.

Anyway, good luck and hang in there.

OP
OP
Sheldius

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ringding said:
I hunt in central Georgia and have had luck with rolls and loose halves lately. I haven't had the cash to buy boxes in a long time.

I know there is at least one other person that hunts the same region, but don't know who he is. A lot of times I will go into a bank and they will say, "we sold all of our rolls in the vault to a guy last week."

I'm so so at bank vaults. Seems like a lot of comps around here to deal with. What counties do you search, and I won't make road trips there ;)

HH.

OP
OP
Sheldius

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

fiatboy said:
That makes for my usual of about 1 ounce per box.
I like thinking in terms of "ounces per box." And knowing that ounce didn't cost you anywhere near spot is very satisfying.

Yeah, can't beat it as a hedge investment as many others have stated. I'd even buy silver at half spot ;).

HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread