Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys,

After a short hiatus from coin roll hunting, I am back at it with a box of nickels. Or should I say...my best box of nickels to date! From rare to old to silver, this box has it all. I'm glad I got this hunt on camera; it was a lot of fun for me and I'm hoping this video makes it fun for you as well. Thanks, and happy hunting. - Quin

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRH videos are considered an annoying novelty by many here (or an inconvenient substitute). OP claims to want to be an appreciated contributor to the forum community. If that were true, a couple of PICs in addition to the revenue-generating youtube link would lend credibility to that claim.

This is precisely why many find it annoying and/or manipulative.

As JCole stated, revealing the finds with pictures immediately diminishes the value of the video. I realize that there are some people here who cannot watch videos due to data limits and that does cause a dilemma for me. I want you to see the finds too, but at what cost? The majority of users here do not have a data issue, and I want those people to get maximum value from the videos because I put a lot of time into making them.

You can't make everyone happy all the time, so you have to compare the costs and run with the best solution. To imply that I don't care about other users here because I don't post pictures is pretty ridiculous. After all, when you are writing a post, no matter what you say or put it, it always boils down to "LOOK AT ME, LOOK WHAT I DID". The caring comes in when you reply to others' posts and engage in conversation in different threads.

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JCole...how is the CRH in California? I have heard before that the silver has run dry out there...is that true? Also, let me know what your dealer says about the possible plating!

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
JCole...how is the CRH in California? I have heard before that the silver has run dry out there...is that true? Also, let me know what your dealer says about the possible plating!

The CRH is just fine out here in Cali, and the silver definitely hasn't "run dry" where I'm at... I haven't done a lot of higher denominations yet, but I have found around 30 silver dimes including 2 Mercs, 5 silver quarters, around 30 silver halves including a Walker... and 110 or so War Nickels.

As for the plated War Nickel, it completely slipped my mind today when I visited my local dealer. Sorry. :(

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
CRH videos are considered an annoying novelty by many here (or an inconvenient substitute). OP claims to want to be an appreciated contributor to the forum community. If that were true, a couple of PICs in addition to the revenue-generating youtube link would lend credibility to that claim.

This is precisely why many find it annoying and/or manipulative.

Well, there's a big difference between a person who makes interesting CRH videos, and one who is just flat-out marketing himself and going off topic in many of their videos. Ryan is definitely not at all like you know who. I haven't really heard anyone other than you complain about Ryan's work...

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I am! :crybaby2:

I can't speak for NHBandit, but the only internet available to us here is cellular. I'm already so far ahead on usage for this month that I'm probably going to have to upgrade to the next level in order to save a little money. ...I wonder if I can skip back down again next month? :laughing7:

ADDED: "I can't speak for NHBandit, but the only internet available to us here is cellular."

You must be out in the boondocks like my family. Are you sure you can't get satellite internet with someone like Hughes?

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, there's a big difference between a person who makes interesting CRH videos, and one who is just flat-out marketing himself and going off topic in many of their videos. Ryan is definitely not at all like you know who. I haven't really heard anyone other than you complain about Ryan's work...

You are mistaken if you believe that I have ever complained about Ryan's work. I have criticized the approach, but not the work. Like many of the members, I do not watch the videos so I have nothing on which to base any criticism of the work. I watched a portion of each of the first couple, but none since.

I'll take your word for it that the content of the videos is hypnotizingly glorious. That does not change my assessment of the medium. I would be less critical if the videos did not contain paid ads (assuming that they still do contain paid ads). My impression is that it is a gimmick to drum up subscribers. A well made gimmick is still a gimmick.

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
You are mistaken if you believe that I have ever complained about Ryan's work. I have criticized the approach, but not the work. Like many of the members, I do not watch the videos so I have nothing on which to base any criticism of the work. I watched a portion of each of the first couple, but none since.

I'll take your word for it that the content of the videos is hypnotizingly glorious. That does not change my assessment of the medium. I would be less critical if the videos did not contain paid ads (assuming that they still do contain paid ads). My impression is that it is a gimmick to drum up subscribers. A well made gimmick is still a gimmick.

Honestly, I think that other guy has really given videos a bad name in this and other forums (he spammed at least three forums I know of including this one)...

As for the ads, that's normal on YouTube and other mediums no matter what videos you're watching - there are ways to block those ads by the way. My impression of Ryan's videos is the polar opposite of yours. It's not a gimmick. He seems genuinely interested in the hobby, and wants others to learn, unlike that other guy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread