Called a local bank--score!

heymirth

Aug 19, 2015
Just North of Detroit
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After searching a full box of halves and getting skunked, I had a hunch to call a local bank and ask if they had any Misc rolls of halves-- they had $70 worth-- I told them I'd be there after work--- not very confident but let's try it again

--- HOLY SCORE. ---16, 40% halves in all---- wow. All 67-69
IMG_1202.JPG

Upvote 0

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score! It really is a matter of being at the right place at the right time. The more volume you search (in general), the more luck you will have. Keep at it and you'll get some good finds.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! I called a local bank and they said they had $20 in half dollars. I rushed over, stood in line for way too long and got another teller who said, "No they are the gold dollar coins." She said the girl that had them was on break and didn't sound too convincing that they were dollars and not halves because the other girl I spoke to chimed in " I am pretty sure,.." and the teller I had shushed her. I should have held her feet to the fire and said I'll take them but I headed out. Sometimes you can't help getting sniped on the phone or in person.

OP
OP
heymirth

heymirth

Aug 19, 2015
Just North of Detroit
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hit 4 banks today on the way home and No zone had any halves,,, they said try Friday around noon,,,, Who knows why-- I'll try it

Walla183

Sep 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit 4 banks today on the way home and No zone had any halves,,, they said try Friday around noon,,,, Who knows why-- I'll try it

I've seen this a few times. The teller who has the halves doesn't work on Wednesday or Thursday. And since other tellers cannot access said till, you have to wait until the teller returns to work.

Or they get coin shipments in on Friday. Not many banks order halves out of the blue, but hey maybe your neck of the woods is different

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread