Coinstar produces bad dump.

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As always I checked the coinstar as I was walking out with my groceries. The tray was loaded! No one was in site so I piled the coins in my grocery bag(3 handfuls) as quickly as I could and went outside to count. Total: $5.70. And I even got a wheatie out of it. Must have been a coinstar neophyte. Oh well, their loss is my gain. I'll put this toward buying my first 1/2 ounce gold coin. HH. :laughing7: :icon_scratch:

clv

Dec 23, 2012
santee, ca
Detector(s) used
Current Detectors; Minelab Safari, Equinox 600
TRX Pin Pointer, Fisher 1235x
Have owned; Minelab Eureka gold,
Tesoro Compadre, White's MX5, GMT, MXT Pro,
fisher cz7a pro, go fine 20, Garret Ma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's amazing how some people can be so inept on operating such a simple machine.:tongue3:

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
To be honest, some times the machines are so loud that you can't hear coins go in the tray. When I used the machine at my credit union last week, the only coins kicked out were a couple foreign ones that go thrown in the bucket by mistake and a chewed up nickel. The previous user had left a car wash token sitting beside the machine.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No , it is amazing that coins get left - the machine tells you to check the return . I guess if you don't read English you have an excuse .

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Found about $8 last week in Coinstars along with a bunch of foreign coins... most of it was in two separate dumps of $3.27 in one machine, and $3.59 in another... scored 4 silver dimes and a 48-S nickel. "Only" found 21 cents today.

OP
OP

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No , it is amazing that coins get left - the machine tells you to check the return . I guess if you don't read English you have an excuse .

Actually coin stars don't tell you to check the return. Bank sorting machines will tell you, but not coinstars. That's why so many coins are left. That's my experience anyways.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually coin stars don't tell you to check the return. Bank sorting machines will tell you, but not coinstars. That's why so many coins are left. That's my experience anyways.

Every coin star I have ever used has always told me to check for returned coins before it gives you the receipt. I always use Coinstar free counting feature and get an amazon gift card.

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every coin star I have ever used has always told me to check for returned coins before it gives you the receipt.

Me too. Some even have animation showing where the reject slot is.

Btw 7up, why was this good score a "bad dump"?

OP
OP

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Me too. Some even have animation showing where the reject slot is.

Btw 7up, why was this good score a "bad dump"?

It was a bad dump for the other guy. Not me. He left some of his dump behind so it was a bad dump for him.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread