What constitutes a "dream box"?

KampusKop

Feb 17, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In accordance with the rules of the site?

I feel I came fairly close the other day.....

I have always assumed that a dream box of half dollars would consist of 100 or more silvers.

The other day I picked up two boxes that I had ordered from a local bank, the second box was a total bust but the first box yielded 87 40% silvers.... By far my best box to date!!

I once scored a solid rolls of 64's with the exception of one coin which was a 1957 Canadian half dollar, so it was a solid 90% roll of CWHD.

So what makes an official dream box?

Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I fully agree. But at the same time, silver isn't as easy to come by as it once was, right? So do you believe the definition of a "dream box" will be 100+ silvers/box in another 25 years? Somewhere out there, there are yahoos that are trying to (and maybe doing it) figure out how to extract the silver from these coins. Once that happens, those coins disappear. Also consider hurricanes, tornadoes, and fires that destroy coins now and then. So it stands to reason (at least to me) that eventually, the "realistic" definition of "dream box" will some day have to change.

Some of you state how you still find such a dream box now and then. That's wonderful!! In my case, the banks in my area don't even have halves or large dollars. I know they're still US currency, but the banks around here don't even seem to want to accept them!

It doesn't matter if dream boxes become unobtainable, the definition does not change. If they were found by most, it wouldn't be much of a "dream."

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I would be happy with only finding 25 in a box, then I could dream more about finding 50.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread