if this is how you CRH____________PLEASE STOP !!!-------the loudness of the lames

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what kind of stupidity is festering----this is just a wee example--instead of this, go play Pokemon on a freeway :BangHead::BangHead: IMG_4510.JPG I will sit back and wait for the swarm of stinging replies. 2 nice coins to give to your kid for a collection__ not anymore :laughing7::BangHead:???

Upvote 0

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree that's a little much as far as marking coins, however you never know who did that. It could have been a kid who just scraped some coins. Was there a bunch more? If so then yes probably a coin hunter

heymirth

Aug 19, 2015
Just North of Detroit
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am 1/4 through a box of halves and have found 12 of these ? -all marked with a dot or line thru the words at that same spot--- same spot every time
IMG_1408.JPG

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worry about the things you can control. People Mark coins, I don't personally and think it's silly that people do. But I can care less that it happens. It's all part of CRH

DimebagDon

Nov 18, 2016
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a really nice 90% 64 half dollar a few months back with a big carved x across it's face. I dunno why people think they have to destroy coins, but they even wreck 90%ers.

Death&Taxes

Jan 2, 2017
Taxechusetts (It sucks)
Detector(s) used
The only two certainties in life are death and taxes.
Primary Interest:
Other
what kind of stupidity is festering----this is just a wee example--instead of this, go play Pokemon on a freeway :BangHead::BangHead: View attachment 1398944 I will sit back and wait for the swarm of stinging replies. 2 nice coins to give to your kid for a collection__ not anymore :laughing7::BangHead:???

That's a real shame. Because you found 2, a P and a D, and they are nice coins (overlooking the damage), I bet those were removed from a mint set. 2012 mint sets are rare and worth $60, three times their issue price. Somebody was pretty stupid to take those coins down to the bank.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My belief in this matter is the idiots think if they scratch up coins of a certain date then the ones they have of that date are worth more. Stupid I know, but some people aren't very smart. I don't mind the markers because a little alcohol takes those right off!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, whoever did this go play Pokemon blind man's bluff on a freeway. At rush hour. Or on the top of Yosemite. Or in any active volcano.

heymirth

Aug 19, 2015
Just North of Detroit
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am 1/4 through a box of halves and have found 12 of these ? -all marked with a dot or line thru the words at that same spot--- same spot every time
View attachment 1398969

Well finished the whole box of halves and IT WAS A SKUNK except for 23 coins all marked with a black dot/slash thru In God We Trust markings, like above

I've never seen a whole box with this many Same Markings
I guess I'm going back to BRINKS boxes. Any one else in Michigan seen this Same marking?

Lowman

Jan 4, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a really nice 90% 64 half dollar a few months back with a big carved x across it's face. I dunno why people think they have to destroy coins, but they even wreck 90%ers.

But was it a "hooked" X? Most likely this is the work of the freemasons...

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well finished the whole box of halves and IT WAS A SKUNK except for 23 coins all marked with a black dot/slash thru In God We Trust markings, like above

I guess I'm going back to BRINKS boxes. Any one else in Michigan seen this Same marking?

I don't understand why finding 23 marked coins is swaying your decision to go back to brinks boxes. You do realize that CRH is just totally random and success is tied to the volume you do. Not where you get the coins from.

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I doesn't matter how many (or how few) marked coins you see in your supply. What matters is how many (or how few) silvers you see in your supply. Change up your supply strategy only if it is not producing. That is true whether you see marks or not.

heymirth

Aug 19, 2015
Just North of Detroit
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't understand why finding 23 marked coins is swaying your decision to go back to brinks boxes. You do realize that CRH is just totally random and success is tied to the volume you do. Not where you get the coins from.

Honestly. I don't have a strategy,,,, i am new to this and I have only bought 5 boxes in 2 months and they all
Have been skunked.
It's not much of a hobby , the only hobby I have now is being creative in buying and dumping at different banks.
Who knows if I'll keep doing havles. Maybe penny's are a better way

I sure wish I would of found something in one of those boxes

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Penney's are always a good source for Keepers, usually you can find a few Keepers if not a lot more out of a penny box be it copper wheats exedra. Halves are a different game, I've searched 24 boxes this week already and out of those 24 20 of the boxes were skunks, it usually helps to have a decent volume to get through all the skunk's in the half boxes to find boxes that may contain silver in them. Last week I searched 28 boxes and ended with 18 40 and 5 90......not a great week for me. HH, Maverick.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread