Beautiful 1909-VDB!

mrogers07

Sep 6, 2015
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Did a bit of roll hunting today. I bought two boxes of nickels and three boxes of pennies. Funny thing? One of the penny boxes turned out to have nothing but roll after roll of brand-new 2004 pennies. Every last one of them.

Anyway, I was mainly looking for coins to fill holes in my albums, but I still got some goodies...and one great coin!

All in all, I ended up with one dateless Buffalo Nickel, a 1945-D War Nickel, a five Euro Cent coin and 23 Wheaties, the oldest being a 1909 VDB penny in awesome shape!

This one had to have come from a collection. No way could such a coin survive that well in the wild. Either way, it'll be a great addition to my collection. :)

1909VDB.jpg

Upvote 0

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice find! Congrats!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Great find on the VDB, I would say VF-ExF condition; however, too bad about the severe scratches on Obv & Rev. I found one over a year ago about the same ExF condition, could not find an 'S' on it as hard as I tried. Congrats on the find.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice find, and as WFC said above, def a bucket list coin:icon_thumleft:. HH, maverick.

jcole77

May 7, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Did a bit of roll hunting today. I bought two boxes of nickels and three boxes of pennies. Funny thing? One of the penny boxes turned out to have nothing but roll after roll of brand-new 2004 pennies. Every last one of them.

Anyway, I was mainly looking for coins to fill holes in my albums, but I still got some goodies...and one great coin!

All in all, I ended up with one dateless Buffalo Nickel, a 1945-D War Nickel, a five Euro Cent coin and 23 Wheaties, the oldest being a 1909 VDB penny in awesome shape!

This one had to have come from a collection. No way could such a coin survive that well in the wild. Either way, it'll be a great addition to my collection. :)

View attachment 1400785

Nice find! I got that one off my bucket list last September... also in pretty nice shape.
09vdb.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread