OMG what a Find

EliteDarkVlad

Sep 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok so my wife and I have a coin jar at home like many others it started to fill so my wife and I set to work rolling the coins for turn in. I always look at my change to see what treasures made there way into my pocket my wife on the other hand does not lol. We had Finnish rolling the pennies and started working on the nickels I picked up an nickel which looked as if some one had drawn on it with a red marker I wiped it with my my thumb and looked at it again. To my surprise it was copper my first thought was some one was testing it with acid so I took it to look at through my magnifying glass to see if my suspicion was correct. Astonished to see a bit of raised copper on the outer edge of the hair line. I suddenly realized what I was holding I couldn't believe it I had a punch through copper error coin. Yet to be completely validated I had it graded I've been told it may only be worth 35-40 dollars how ever I have never seen a 1998 P struck though copper fragment before unfortunately it was graded AU 55. It's still very special to me maybe my children or their children my find this coin to be worth more.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484512915.358336.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1484512915.358336.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 293
Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, never one like that before.

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cool find! Just wondering...what did it cost you to get it graded?

OP
OP
E

EliteDarkVlad

Sep 3, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I paid 25$ sent off and returned in about 5-6 weeks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread