Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
As far as cleaning the coins so they will pass muster in the CoinStar Machines, I would advise investing in an Ultrasonic Cleaner for your' Jewelry finds and use it to clean your' coin finds as well.

Frank

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I clean my clad coins and pennies with a tumbler, and then fish the vending machines at work for silver on my break or at Wally world on the way home from work. This gives me chance on pulling a silver and also gives me clean shiny coins that I roll up. I deposit my rolled coins at the bank into my hobby account. The only coins I run through the coin star are the pennies. Your bank should give you coin rolls for free.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
By the way I find more coins in the parking lots than I have in the local coin star machines.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
I recently started restoring clads to put back in circulation in the interest of citizens enjoying pristine
currency.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
I don't have any chrome paint, does that work for you? Getting crud off clad is really easy if you
know how. If you tumble or use chems you are overworking to get an inferior appearance.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't have any chrome paint, does that work for you? Getting crud off clad is really easy if you
know how. If you tumble or use chems you are overworking to get an inferior appearance.
I tumble and my clad still looks grey. Care to share?

No gold in NY

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master,
Whites Gold Master GMT, Whites MXSport
High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't use vinegar or any acid on clad. The exposed copper will turn the coins pink. I use my own crushed quartz and detergent in my Chicago Electric tumbler. Get one of those coin rolling kits with the plastic tubes. No counting required. Then open a bank account.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread