Always buy them even if they look like a dump.

silveraddict

Jan 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Went to some of my banks on Saturday
One teller told me that a guy brought in some halves but he told her he was a "collector" and had searched through them. The teller said that she would understand if I did not want to buy them.
I bought them all anyway. The teller was happy and will continue to hold all halves brought in for me.
This is what I found when I search them. Guess the "collector" either missed this or did not know about it.
20170116_162827.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
OP
OP
silveraddict

silveraddict

Jan 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
In over 3 years CRH this is only the 3rd 1970 I have found. All have been S mint marks.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too cool! The only silver I got Saturday was a 70 s as well. I guess people don't know to save them.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice score SA! Love the 70's! HH, Maverick.

MotherOfGeeks

Apr 26, 2016
Washington
Primary Interest:
Other
I always buy any halves I can as well. I have noticed there seem to be more coin hunters in my area & they are not always as educated. I've found several 40%ers and even 1 90% in what appeared to be someone's dump. The one thing these missed had in common is a dirty rim. Don't just check the rims, confirm the date.

Dannycoco

Jun 2, 2016
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ran into someone's dump bank but bought a box of $500 because they looked mint rolled still. Some were open and some very hard to tell if they were opened. Ended up with a Franklin ender.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread