Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not a die crack, just top layer separation that will peel after repeated handling. IMG_4638.JPG IMG_4639.JPG a few more bucks just for looking (from the $25 in CWR cents I grabbed last week) :laughing7: wish it was the '95 DDO :BangHead:

Moderator: please move this to CRH forum--posted here in error, Rich

Last edited:
Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm on the fence on this one. Looks more like a crack or plating issue to me. Technically there could be lams on plated cents, but I wouldn't expect them to look like that. Seeing that it's a 1995 if the core was exposed like that moisture would have done started a crater in that sucker. Let's see what Frank chimes in with.

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ruled out die crack since the faults are over the letters. not clear what the difference is between a lam vs. plating failure. aren't they technically the same :dontknow: . Redbook does list Zincolns in the error chart at $15 for a lam. maybe Frank can help us figger this one out :laughing7:. got another rim CUD state qtr today, will post it later. always welcome your opinion, Enamel :icon_thumright:
I'm on the fence on this one. Looks more like a crack or plating issue to me. Technically there could be lams on plated cents, but I wouldn't expect them to look like that. Seeing that it's a 1995 if the core was exposed like that moisture would have done started a crater in that sucker. Let's see what Frank chimes in with.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread