Chase stopping all ordering of coins?

xxmrrightxx

Sep 25, 2014
The Central U.S.
Hi everyone,

I went to my main pick up back on Monday to pick up my usual boxes and on my way out the branch manager stopped me to tell me they aren't ordering coins anymore. She went on to explain that all Chase banks will stop ordering coins for non business customers and will be charging the business customers for any coin orders. She also said that with all of people ordering coins, the bank is losing money and that's why they will be stopping all ordering of coins. They wouldn't order any even if I wanted to pay the fee. FYI - The tellers/manager are nice to me and I always pick up on time so I don't believe it's a personal thing, she even said it wasn't lol
First Chase removes the coin machines, now this! :(

Anyways, have any of you heard about this?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
My guess is that it's only local, or possibly regional, not that it helps you any, and most likely aims to discourage CRH's only. I guarantee you they'll still be ordering for businesses, but then businesses don't order halves. How many boxes were you ordering each week?

Either way, far better to get cut off from your pick up bank than your dump bank. Even if they won't order boxes, CWR's should still be available, and I suspect you'll be able to find another Bank or branch that will order boxes for you.

Good luck!

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see how this would be costing them money? Do they really think that the commercial customers will stick with them if they have to pay to exchange cash for coin for business? From the business end I would look for another bank if this was the case.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone,

I went to my main pick up back on Monday to pick up my usual boxes and on my way out the branch manager stopped me to tell me they aren't ordering coins anymore. She went on to explain that all Chase banks will stop ordering coins for non business customers and will be charging the business customers for any coin orders. She also said that with all of people ordering coins, the bank is losing money and that's why they will be stopping all ordering of coins. They wouldn't order any even if I wanted to pay the fee. FYI - The tellers/manager are nice to me and I always pick up on time so I don't believe it's a personal thing, she even said it wasn't lol
First Chase removes the coin machines, now this! :(

Anyways, have any of you heard about this?

:dontknow: As former teller said, it might be something local or regional. The other possibility is the manager didn't want to be bothered ordering the halves for you. Where I'm in downstate NY, I get 3 boxes weekly from 2 different Chase branches with no problem. Bty the Chase branches around here never had coin counting machines. Check with other Chase branches & see what they say. I think you'll find that branch manager was blowing smoke up your a**.
HH
Gary

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
I went to 3 Chase banks yesterday to dump 2 boxes and none would take them, said they had no room. Went to BofA in the next town and they took them no problem. I have used Chase as a dump bank for 9 years, first time ever got turned away from any of them.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too many crh and they are stopping in your area

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
What's up with all the CRH? I had no competition back in '79, not much in '09. Low metal prices today, slim finds and tons of CRH'ers? :icon_scratch:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My bank will order coins for me as I have a business account, but now they are threatening $5 per box as a fee.

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no problem ordering coins, but the Credit Union I use as dump sites is taking out all of their machine counters. What do all of you do as far as dumping? Any advice other than rolling everything, which is out of the question for me...Brad

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no problem ordering coins, but the Credit Union I use as dump sites is taking out all of their machine counters. What do all of you do as far as dumping? Any advice other than rolling everything, which is out of the question for me...Brad

It might have to "be in the question" for you if there are no counters around. Unless you can find a bank that will let you dump a bank bag. They most likely won't give you instant credit for it and you might have to wait a few days for them to send it out and have it counted before it gets credited to your account.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
There will be less and less counters, personal tellers, and coin as the banking system prepares to go cashless.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe its because they have to pay restitution and need to take it from their customers to give to other customers they ripped off.....just saw it in the news...

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
+1 Fist lol.

Last edited:

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
What's up with all the CRH? I had no competition back in '79, not much in '09. Low metal prices today, slim finds and tons of CRH'ers? :icon_scratch:

Youtube.....

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Youtube.....

YouTube is only part of the reason. This forum also is to blame. It's How I found out about CRH. You have to figure back when silver was $40 an ounce tons of people started CRH and they told people about it and it just snowballed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions