My DREAM BOX of DIMES finally arrived

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Continue reading ONLY if you believe dreams still happen, even with DIMES.

Went Saturday 1/28 to two of my branch banks that I hit every other week. The first bank did not have a MWR box, but had $300 of CWR's, that produced only 3-Canadian silvers.

Second bank had a MWR box of dimes. Did not open the box until late at night, nor did I look for Enders cuz I never expect to see anything. The very first roll that I checked, was floored by seeing so many DARK GRAY silver rims. I figured most likely maybe Merc's & Rosie's. Sure enough, had 10-silvers in the very first roll.(pic of roll wrapper opened showing the 10). I was then thinking, could this silver trend continue throughout this box. Second roll nothing. Then the excitement started, from there on, on a hit & miss basis, silver started to flow, mostly of Merc's. The rims were much darker gray than the Rosie's. There were only 17 rolls of the 50 that produced silver, of which 3 of the 17 gave up only one. I never in my life expected to find so much silver dimes in each of these rolls, let alone throughout the entire box. Half way in the box I finally looked at what I saw were two Merc Enders, (but how do we call them: Mercers or Endcury's). I was on such a high that it took hours for me to settle down, so I took some pics of what I think is my DREAM BOX that finally arrived. Total count was: 33-rosies & 65-Merc's, for grand total of 98-silver dimes, for total of 7.01 ounces. This is about one-fourth of all the silver I found last year. I always believed you guys that hit dream boxes & solid rolls, now it was my turn. If you notice on the detail 17-roll list, most of the mercs were in the 40's. I don't think that this was from a collection, otherwise it would have had a broader range of dates & mint marks. I feel that it may have been from an accumulation of silver coins from a coffee can etc that finally got dumped. I hope to go back to that branch bank to see if the have another box to sell. For so many Merc's to appear in several rolls, as you can see on the list, gives indication that it could have been a very LARGE dump of silver that made its way into the coin rolling machine hopper. (one of our fellow CRH's: Lui21 could attest to this process since he worked for a coin processor). I hope my pics are enough evidence that silver is still out there, that DREAMS do come through sometimes, and that you do believe me. Enjoy the pics from only ONE BOX OF MWR's from a bank; HH, DozerD.

Now to get myself off the ceiling, and back to reality.

Attachments

• image-4149358320.jpg
    image-4149358320.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 168
  • image-1204429913.jpg
    image-1204429913.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 138
  • image-3723021647.jpg
    image-3723021647.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 131
  • image-3451999230.jpg
    image-3451999230.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 152
  • image-2956657994.jpg
    image-2956657994.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 134
  • image-1161133335.jpg
    image-1161133335.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 136
Upvote 0

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe in dreams especially when reality strikes you in the face.....That is incredible!!!!

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one awesome box, the likes we haven't seen in a while. BUT it's not a dream box. Two short. But great just the same.

Huntster54

Jan 26, 2017
Detector(s) used
Antique whites TR-goldmaster

Under water model to be posted
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excuse the noob, but bank browsing is new to me. You all saying 'bank box' and MWR's. Could you take a sec and define what that means in layman's terms?
Thanks.
And don't worry, it seems to cost a lot, so I won't be doing it any time soon, if ever.

Huntster54

Jan 26, 2017
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
please take a moment to read the sticky threads. The second one down answers your questions
Thank you, very informative. Answered many questions. However no mention of MWR box.

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great to see it, Dozer! I do some dimes from time to time, but never find much. Glad to see someone hit; it gives us all the motivation to make it through the skunks...Brad

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a strong box for sure ! My best box of dimes had 40 silvers - all Rosies - I have not yet found a merc through CRH , but I am confident that I will.

WheatFromChaff

Jun 19, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....well my jaw took a solid minute to shut! That's an incredible score for dimes, especially with so many Mercs in the mix. I'll bet you're still running high!

Huntster54

Jan 26, 2017
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"MWR = machine wrapped rolls "

Thanks.

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great box dozer! I bet if you ask for their other mwr dime boxes you might get more!! I know you're a vet, but banks don't like being bought out of their boxes. Hit up a different branch and try and buy a few boxes to replace the ones you take!

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my best dime box was 12 silvers from Dunbar. what state, bank, courier, Strings or Loomis rolls?? somebody was blocked up ______then finally took a healthy "dump" :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: ----> what a relief _________ for you :icon_thumleft::icon_thumright:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing!! I once had a box with 33 silver dimes in it, I can't imagine finding nearly 3x that amount, congrats on a mwr dime score of a lifetime!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
:wav::wav::wav: Super box Dozer!!! We could call them Menders.....just a thought:laughing7: great box though, I'm pretty sure you've posted the best box of dimes I've seen on here. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
An after thought:
Do you realize what a find it would have been, that if the original owner of the silver had dumped it at a bank that sold the BAGS off the machine, what a feeling that would have been to buy that bag, filled with all that old silver. WOW, who knows how much there was originally.
No, I don't think I'll go back to that same bank until next week. It's a very small branch and I don't want to over-extend my welcome. I'm happy with my DREAM BOX find for now.

OP
OP
Dozer D

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
:wav::wav::wav: Super box Dozer!!! We could call them Menders.....just a thought:laughing7: great box though, I'm pretty sure you've posted the best box of dimes I've seen on here. HH, Maverick.

Maverick: I like your name given as "MENDERS"; thanks. And thanks to all you guys for reading my DREAM BOX post. I know it may have been 2-short of an official D.Box, but to me I'll be dreaming of that find for the rest of my life. Thanks, HH, DozerD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread