jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While I can understand the desire to keep old posts in place, I hope you will also understand the occasional desire of someone to delete an old post, for a legitimate reason, of course. For someone to come out and say they want ALL of their old posts removed - well, that's not likely. But people learn over time and ways of thinking sometimes change, as do who we associate with. Like right now, I think Jeff (PA) is a pretty cool guy. Will I still think that next year? Probably, but just making a point here. :tongue3:

Yes, all the posts together make up a thread, and each thread is its own story. Remove one or more posts and you potentially remove chapters from the story. At the same time, some folks share some slightly personal things about themselves here from time to time - and I'm one of those people. If I suddenly started getting some nut job harassing me and I think they tracked me down using info I've posted, I would want to delete or, at the very least, amend the info to remove clues and such.

So while I can understand the desire to keep posts in place, I hope you'll still allow for exceptions when necessary.

I had a post that was made not too long ago where I actually asked folks to please not quote me, as I wished to remove some of the more personal info after a few days. I was a little surprised (pleasantly), but everyone allowed that possibility and, a few days later, I deleted some info with a notation. However, the majority of the post remained as it was still a relevant part of the story.

yes ! I'm talking members who start deleting or Turning their Posts Blank because they all of a sudden
get Mad. I think We all have regretted something we posted in the past,
and deleted it. this is not an issue.

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen it where every trace of a member is deleted in an instant and have always believed that it was TNet powers responsible.
There have been a good number of those in the CRH world and when their posts vanished, some threads lost good info/valuable content.

Not being critical, just making an observation.

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wonder what it would take for the web master to remove the unused Coin Roll Hunting sub forums. How much more than clicking "delete" would it take?

Looking forward to there removal.

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

Way to go G&T! You moved the immovable object.
We've asked for this a number of times. I guess umpteenth time was the charm.

OP
OP
gordon and tanner

gordon and tanner

Dec 10, 2009
South East, MI
Detector(s) used
my eyes
Primary Interest:
Other
OH MY GOD! IT worked. They are gone. Just imagine the number of man hours saved by coin roll hunters not having to scroll past those posts. every time we visit this forum. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep on Searching
Dad and Tanner

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Since nobody really remembers it was 50 Cent who actually began the movement and request to create the subforms. HH, Maverick.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
. . .Out of curiosity, just how long does someone have time-wise to be able to remove one of their own posts?

Just yesterday I posted in a different forum and my post popped up twice. I went in to deleted it and it would not go away. I tried three different times and gave up. I didn't want to have my post up twice (OCD I guess) so I edited my 2nd post. (deleted everything that was on the screen and just added some more info relating to the one above.

I have no idea why DELETE does not work for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions