What could be better than a V nickel? How about?..!

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A whole roll! The day after I found a 1902 a teller friend looked out for me in a big way. She kept her sniping coworker from snatching these up. Looks like a collection dump with a range of dates and all the same worn condition. I bought her a bottle of wine to let her know I appreciate her efforts. Looks like they sell for $2-$5 on feebay. Not bad for face value. Feast your eyes n good luck out there.

Attachments

• IMG v .jpg
    IMG v .jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 280
Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1897 so the oldest aren't represented. I suspect if there was more to this collection it went into the coinstar days or weeks earlier. I may try some MWRs from the bank I found the 1902 at and see if I can backtrack any more stuff and maybe dimes and nickels. I bought out all the cwrs they had but it was scant and there wasn't anything interesting left in the branch. Still I am ecstatic

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Makes one wonder just exactly HOW MUCH was included in TOTAL, of the entire dump made into the machine.
I know where you are coming from, just like my recent 98 silver dime MWR box find of (65 Merc's & 33 Rosie's). Maybe the holiday silver is finally peaking! ! !

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find! Check the 1912 for a mintmark - it's on the reverse bottom left near rim. D is a better date & S is a semi-key worth $$$.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread