BEST COIN ROLL HUNT EVER! FOUND AN INCREDIBLE MOTHERLOAD OF SILVER! VIDEO

kyle369

Apr 18, 2014
Eastern Shore of MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I have an incredible story to tell. Since this is the first time in years I've posted on these forums, I should introduce myself. I'm Kyle. I am a young coin collector who has been collecting old U.S. coins since I was a kid. I have coin roll hunted for several years now, and i've been very lucky to find, among other things: wheat pennies, old Jefferson nickels, Buffalo nickels, silver wartime nickels, and silver dimes. But NOTHING I've ever found in a coin roll hunt compares to what I found today.

This video I recorded today shows what happened:
https://t.co/3B4QPuSo4a

Please watch the video before you look at the photos below.

Okay! Here's the photo showing the empty rolls:
DSCN6909.JPG

These are some interesting halves I found, including the 1967 40% half and some old Walking Liberties from 1917-1920:
DSCN6908.JPG

In order, the Franklin Halves, the Walking Liberties, and an overview of everything:
DSCN6907.JPG DSCN6906.JPG DSCN6905.JPG

Yeah. Like I said, I'M LOADED!

I haven't done a complete tally of these coins yet. I do know that the dates range from 1933 to 1958, with several outliers from the 60s, 20s, and teens. I will count the numbers of each date and mintmark and come back to you with a full tally.

UPDATE: I have made a full tally of all of the silver halves, see my most recent post on this thread for link to the tally results video and a text readout of the results.

UPDATE: I have found a possible large cud or struck through grease error on a Walking Liberty Half that I want your guys opinion on. There are photos and description of the coin and error on Page 2 of this thread.

UPDATE: Some exciting news! I may have found a Franklin Half Dollar with a Reverse Die Clash! A post on this thread concerning this coin with pictures is coming soon.

Hope you enjoyed this spectacular evidence of perhaps the greatest coin roll hunt ever, and good luck to all my fellow coin roll hunters!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
kyle369

kyle369

Apr 18, 2014
Eastern Shore of MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
kyle369

kyle369

Apr 18, 2014
Eastern Shore of MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
better pics in daylight on white background, shoot rim & both sides. leaning in favor of cud

I updated my original post about the error coin with the new photos you requested. I'd love to hear your opinion about the coin. Enjoy!

Buchsy

Oct 14, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Amazing score - definitely came from granny's or grandpa's stash that the heirs didn't know what to do with. The kind of event that happens once in a CRH career.

Worth watching the video - don't worry about the profanity, quite understandable.

BTW, where generally was this found (i.e. what part of the state)?

retire05

Feb 16, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kyle - that is an awesome silver haul!! I love seeing your reaction too, That is a find of a lifetime...enjoy!!...Brad

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing score - definitely came from granny's or grandpa's stash that the heirs didn't know what to do with. The kind of event that happens once in a CRH career.

Worth watching the video - don't worry about the profanity, quite understandable.

Don't answer this until you get back to that bank and buy up the rest of their coin :tongue3:

OP
OP
kyle369

kyle369

Apr 18, 2014
Eastern Shore of MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't answer this until you get back to that bank and buy up the rest of their coin :tongue3:

I went today and asked if the person who brought the halves in had brought anything else. Unfortunately, they said she hadn't brought any other rolls in. Still an incredible find!

OP
OP
kyle369

kyle369

Apr 18, 2014
Eastern Shore of MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I found this stash of silver at a PNC near an old river town in the Northern part of the Eastern Shore of Maryland.

OP
OP
kyle369

kyle369

Apr 18, 2014
Eastern Shore of MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tomorrow I will share pictures of some halves I have cherrypicked from the stash, including a possible Franklin Reverse Die Clash! I hope you're enjoying this discovery as much as I am, and Happy Hunting!

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting theory. Are you saying you think some lead somehow got on the coin? When do you think this might have happened? It's bizarre, either way. I will attempt to get some better photos tomorrow.

The way it goes over and under the T and small area surrounded by the "cud" is a dead giveaway! Dies just don't break that way. How and why is anybody's guess. It possibly could have been in a fire.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread