Gotta love the uninformed teller

silveraddict

Jan 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Went into one of my local bank that I go into every few weeks. They almost never have any halves let alone silver.
As I came up to the window the teller tells me a lady was in a few days ago and turned in a bunch of halves. Then he tells me that some of them were 1964 silver and he bought them up. He asked if I still wanted the rest $11.00 worth. I told him yes.
He starts pulling out halves and I can see they are all silver. He says "64 was the last year for silver right?" I said ya something like that.
(22) 40% silver halves.
20170203_193809.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol, "ya, something like that". I love when they have handed me halves and snarkinly say " there's no Silver in these"...... Hand full of 40's.....love it! Nice catch SA! HH, Maverick.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An unfortunate mistake for a fool that is in banking. Doesn't even know about the money he is touching....what a funny thing. "something like that"

OP
OP
silveraddict

silveraddict

Jan 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Sometimes you gotta think fast as I did not want to just lie to him.
Worked out well for both of us.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Always nice when that happens. I've had teller they they already searched and pulled the silver and then hand me a stack of '64's from their tray. I don't get it.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
It's just that the jeweler paying a buck a piece two blocks over wasn't worth teller's time.
Good for us.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...pulled the silver and then hand me a stack of '64's from their tray. I don't get it.
they pulled out bens and ladies.

I once went into a bank and asked about halves and the lady pulled out a handfull of halves but the were all blackened with tarnish. She didn't want to sell them to me because they were so "dirty" I assured her they were fine with me, so I bought them. can't remember the total but they were all 90% JFK & Ben. close to $7-8 face.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions