Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,

It has come to my attention that there is not enough information on YouTube regarding the shoulds and should-nots of coin roll hunting as a hobby. I would like to start a series where I provide the real stats and the reality behind coin roll hunting, along with useful information for beginners. I am aware of the stickies that have excellent information on coin roll hunting and I will use those as a resource when writing the series.

The reason I am making this post is to get your feedback. What are the most important things that YOU would like for newbies to know before they start? Thanks in advance!

- Ryan

Upvote 0

49er4ever44

Feb 9, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Id gladly explain. Two things jump out. One laylady is quick to jump on board and proclaim she got her box today. Bc of your videos? Who knows but definitely could have been. More importantly the statement on Canadian nickels. Only thing worse then throwing out CRH information for the world to feast on. Throwing out poor information. You are 100% right post 82 nickels are worth .03. However pre 82 nickels are 99.9 fine nickel. They are valuable more so here in the US then in Canada because we have no laws on melting foreign coins. You are making this dude believe getting Canadians is a bad thing when in fact many people, myself included, collect pre 82 Canadian nickels for bullion.

Also I didn't know this till YOU said something ;) uh oh!

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id respond if I had any clue what you ment

All he was saying was that he did the know about the previous 82 Canadian nickels being 99.9% actual nickel until you said something.

I don't want to put words in his mouth, so I'll let him explain the rest to you?

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where I'm from, Canadian nickels are worth the same as an American nickel. Most places accept them and give them back in change. Guess that's a good reason to live in a state that boarders our wonderful neighbors to the north.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread