I love my banks

griffith 90

Feb 4, 2017
Montana
Primary Interest:
Other
I've heard alot of bad things about banks, so I wanted to share some good. I go through 2 banks in town, neither of witch are major national banks. I just opened an account with valley bank last month. I openly admitted to being a CRHer and asked if that would be a problem.I was surprised when the banker said "that is just fine. We get new boxes every week. You can search all you want until we run out." They are all friendly and never had a problem when I come in. I still try not to pick up and return to the same branch. At my old bank they know what I do also. One teller always checks to make sure the boxes aren't all new coins, and she saves most of the coins she finds for me (excluding IKEs witch she collects). One day she found a 1976 $100 bill that looked liked it was just printed, that she saved til I came in. Today I went in not even looking for coins when the teller asked me if I was still wanting bags of cents, when I said yes he informed me they now had some. I told him I didn't have the money today and asked if they could save one for me til Friday (witch is after the truck comes to pick them up). After going back to talk to the Bank manager he said that they would be ok with holding one for me. I'm glad Iwas not able to find 1, but 2 banks that are so great.

Upvote 0

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's the people that matter. Building contacts is great. Most big banks have too many policies and too much turnover to create those positive relationships.

OP
OP
G

griffith 90

Feb 4, 2017
Montana
Primary Interest:
Other
It's the people that matter. Building contacts is great. Most big banks have too many policies and too much turnover to create those positive relationships.

agreed. I don't think I'll be switching banks any time soon. The one bank I've been with since 2010.

srcdco

Dec 11, 2006
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Nox-800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have a great rapport with several branches of the bank that I use. The tellers all know me by name and many save things for me. I trade boxes of coins each week and they make it a priority to get rid of the ones that I bring back first. A couple of weeks ago, the main teller at one branch said "I've got something strange for you", which piqued my interest. She pulled out a $50 National Currency bill from the Federal Reserve Bank of NY (I wish it were from a local bank, but you can't be too picky!). She said she had never seen a bill with brown serial numbers and seal so she initially thought it was counterfeit. I bought it, and a $1 silver certificate that she had. It's about time for me to bring them treats! When I leave, they all say "happy hunting!". I even have their email addresses.

Success is all about relationships.

Scott

OP
OP
G

griffith 90

Feb 4, 2017
Montana
Primary Interest:
Other
that is cool. The $100 that was saved for me wasn't anything special, the condition was amazing.

srcdco

Dec 11, 2006
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Nox-800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that is cool. The $100 that was saved for me wasn't anything special, the condition was amazing.

A little over a year ago, the same teller was holding a series 1928 $100 for me. This was the one with the number instead of the letter in the Federal Reserve circle. When I came in, she said "I've got something I think you'll like. I know there's only a couple of you that would know what it is". I took that one.

At another branch, that I don't frequent as often, whichever teller I go to will yell out to the other tellers "Anyone got anything strange or interesting?". I've picked up some stuff that way, too. They think its fun to find stuff for me.

Scott

OP
OP
G

griffith 90

Feb 4, 2017
Montana
Primary Interest:
Other
A little over a year ago, the same teller was holding a series 1928 $100 for me. This was the one with the number instead of the letter in the Federal Reserve circle. When I came in, she said "I've got something I think you'll like. I know there's only a couple of you that would know what it is". I took that one.

At another branch, that I don't frequent as often, whichever teller I go to will yell out to the other tellers "Anyone got anything strange or interesting?". I've picked up some stuff that way, too. They think its fun to find stuff for me.

Scott

Never had anything that rare show up but, hopefully someday.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions