Silver_Coin_Newb

Mar 6, 2017
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace400

Garrett AT Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So today was my first experience driving around town to different banks. Hit up about 18 banks in all. Only 3 had rolls of halves. The second bank I stopped at she said she didn't have any, so she turned to another lady and asked her, she said I have $82 of them. I said I'll buy them. She went back to grab them and she came back and they were all CWR. I kinda was excited since I've only had one before. So I buy them and travel down the road to an empty parking lot and open the first roll. Bam 3x 40%. Well that was well worth it! 2nd roll wow jackpot 11x 40%. I thought oh man what if they all have silver? Well guess what. They all did contain 4 or more in the last 6 rolls!

Totals

1x 1964 90%
4x 1965 40%
9x 1966 40%
24x 1967 40%
9x 1968 40%
2x 1969 40%

I'm definitely hooked. Wish every outting produced so well!

Attachments

• IMG_1252.JPG
    IMG_1252.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 84
Upvote 0

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
Ya just never know where your going to get some of those silver coins. I ask the teller for halves, some say no don't have any, I say would any of the other tellers have any? Then another teller a few spots down will say, I have some!! You always need to ask them to check otherwise you miss out. Great find, keep on hunting.

OP
OP
S

Silver_Coin_Newb

Mar 6, 2017
Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace400

Garrett AT Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ya just never know where your going to get some of those silver coins. I ask the teller for halves, some say no don't have any, I say would any of the other tellers have any? Then another teller a few spots down will say, I have some!! You always need to ask them to check otherwise you miss out. Great find, keep on hunting.

Yeah most of them today were just flat out "nope we don't get those".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread