High banker/dredge,
DIY hand trommel,
DIY Miller table,
DIY fluidbed gold trap sluice,
Keene A-52 A-52s
2186 Wheaties
Primary Interest:
Other
Been too cold here in NY for prospecting or metal detecting so I thought I would try coin rolling. Went to the bank and asked for $10 in pennies. As the teller slid the tray out to me I noticed all the rolls were in the old fashioned red wrapper imprinted with the name of a local bank that no longer exist. At home I discovered they were all wheat pennies. Every roll! 30 of the pennies were steel.
I should have been more suspicious at the time and asked for more.

Upvote 0

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I think I'd go back to that bank and get more rolls if I were you. Congrats on such a rare score!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_moved_over.gif
I moved this request from General Discussion over to Coin Roll Hunting for more exposure.

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A good score on your first attempt? Did you just get a new addiction? That is fantastic, Congratulations! I love Wheaties.......

Death&Taxes

Jan 2, 2017
Taxechusetts (It sucks)
Detector(s) used
The only two certainties in life are death and taxes.
Primary Interest:
Other
#1 rule in CRHing: always buy them all. Buy every coin and bill in that bank! If there are old wheats, there might also be silver, or even old paper money. Take no chances and clean them out!

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The usual beginner's luck! You're hooked now, but don't expect that every time.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been too cold here in NY for prospecting or metal detecting so I thought I would try coin rolling. Went to the bank and asked for $10 in pennies. As the teller slid the tray out to me I noticed all the rolls were in the old fashioned red wrapper imprinted with the name of a local bank that no longer exist. At home I discovered they were all wheat pennies. Every roll! 30 of the pennies were steel.
I should have been more suspicious at the time and asked for more.

:coffee2: Nice score for sure. Go back & get the rest. Cheer up as there is a rumor going around that July is coming. Welcome to the addiction/hobby of crh & TNET.

HH
Gary

Last edited:

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Go back to the bank (if you can afford it) and see, if by chance they may have dimes, qtrs, halves, of rolls with the same bank label. Chances are good that it might be a collection dump. Congrats & good luck. Let us all know of the outcome.

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow. Nice score. Haven't seen a steel one in a long time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions