7/26 Box. Shiny!

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Ok so I get my box, and like so many of us opening presents on Christmas morning, I had to open the box and check the contents right away out in the parking lot. Saw a proof staring up at me.
4qh56is.jpg

Then I found another proof on the end of a roll:
4kcjk9g.jpg

Got home and went through the box Thursday night.

Total?

9 40%
4tgy32t.jpg

3 Proofs (1976-S Bicentennial non-silver), 1981-S, 1984-S. Also there were about 30 halves that were SERIUOUSLY BU. Almost Proof-Like would be a good designation. I included 3 in this photo, and accidentally took a flash photo, but it made the non-proofs in the top row appear shinier than in a straight photo, so you can get a better idea of their true appearance. For some reasons regular pics with no flash do not do them justice.
5064px0.jpg

A clipped planchet. Not a large chunk taken out, but enough to qualify.
53zbgow.jpg

6exfr6b.jpg

Oh and lastly, you KNOW you are a CRH'er when you have this trash laying on the floor of your vehicle:
;D
637w138.jpg

Upvote 0

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
Cool finds, Falcon. BU coins are always a treat. And clipped coins are such a surprise---like someone took a bite out of a cookie. haha. Those proofs look like they are in pretty good shape for being in circulation. Can you see yourself in their reflection?

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG MF. Nice haul there. I just love those Frosted Heads on the proofs. That clipped 74 is sweet too! Good job.

The trash....oh yeah, that is a CRH'er! Although one of those looks like a Popsicle wrapper or something....ha!

Chicago Ron

Apr 12, 2005
In the Lake in Chicago
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-trac, Excaliber II, GPX-5000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No LJ thats a fast food wrapper. Needed to keep up strength for non stop crack-in! LOL Can't go into a sit down restaurant they don't like the crack of popping rolls, it bothers the other customers!!!

TxTim

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2007
Texas
Detector(s) used
DFX & SE
Great score, MF.
It looks like proofs are really showing up like crazy this week!
WTG!!!

PS: Clean up your floorboard!!!

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats. Nice proofs and some silver too.

HH.

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
I've found that fast food parking lots work in a pinch, if I can't find any better. I hate having to drive and drive and drive just to find a place to open my rolls. Unlike some of you, I can't wait till I get home.

silverfinder37

Mar 24, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
looking for an Explorer
fiatboy said:
I've found that fast food parking lots work in a pinch, if I can't find any better. I hate having to drive and drive and drive just to find a place to open my rolls. Unlike some of you, I can't wait till I get home.
Thats why I love to have my wife go with me, we can drive and open rolls while the other is going into another bank, plus quicker dumping of rejects as you go :)
Ya'll have been posting some great CRH finds keep at it.
Best Regards, Ray

OP
OP
MalteseFalcon

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Aside from the coin collecting and financial-gain aspects of this operation, I can bring a box home, eat dinner, and spend the next 3-4 hours relaxing, watching TV and asking myself "What will be in this one?" 50 times.
;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions