Anybody using a Ryedale these days ? Are they effective for Indians and Wheaties ?

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
It is a WEIGHT sorter; will be able to sort Coppers vs Zincs, not necessarily Wheaties vs Coppers. But since you already have it, calibrate it for copper/zinc for now and you will be very busy running to & from the banks getting cents. Good luck on your findings & hoarding.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Many of the questions you have about the Ryedale penny sorter can be answered at pennysorter.com.

OP
OP
A

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for your input Dozer D ! Are you saying that the Ryedale will put Indians, wheats ,and coppers into one area , and zincolns into the other ?

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Are they good for Indian Heads as well as Wheaties ?

Yes, they are. However, I run mine slightly different than most. I calibrated mine on a nice new zincoln, so anything other than that gets separated. My reasoning is that wheats and Indian heads can range all over the place electrically, but zincolns are remarkably consistent. In practice, a few zincolns will slip through, but I'd rather sort them out by hand after the run than worry about what I missed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions