Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On YouTube, I'm sort of known as the guy with the info on how to hunt and what to look for rather than the one who is hunting all the time. I used to hunt one box of something every week. But recently, my hunts have seriously slowed down.

I was getting ready to be done with half dollars because of how unrealistic it is for me to keep hunting them without it feeling like a pain in the butt job. This was the last box out of a batch that I ordered a couple months back and I told myself...this is the last one, at least for a while. I got through half of the box without filming- I really wasn't expecting anything. Then, I saw the edge of my first Benji...I couldn't hold in the excitement so I turned on the camera and filmed the rest of the hunt. Enjoy!

Upvote 0

Dannycoco

Jun 2, 2016
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two franklins in one box? Nice find. So are you still giving up on half dollars? Lol

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two franklins in one box? Nice find. So are you still giving up on half dollars? Lol

Thanks! And for now, yes. This hunt gave me a spark of hope, but it's not enough to keep me in the game. I know the odds are against me with the amount of coins I'm able to search through every month and it's just not worth it for me. I hope everyone else is having good luck with them!

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
rryanq : I thought you were heavily engrossed into hunting halves, and now your changing course in mid-stream. Remember you have to take the bad(skunks) along with the good(silver). Good luck on your next venture CRH'g.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a tough habit to kick lol. Its good to try different things and its a skill set you won't lose. I am trying (unsuccessfully) to cut back too.

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rryanq : I thought you were heavily engrossed into hunting halves, and now your changing course in mid-stream. Remember you have to take the bad(skunks) along with the good(silver). Good luck on your next venture CRH'g.

I was never big into halves. It's not that I'm impatient, it's just that I do not have the means to cheerily continue forward with them. I enjoy doing cents and nickels much more, so that's what I'm gonna do for a while.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread