Newbie Question

sniper-medic

Jun 21, 2007
Mendota, Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT, Spectrum DFX, and White's Spectra VX3
Hi guys.....Been on the website for a while, but never looked in to this forum. I have some questions about roll hunting....

1. Do banks charge you extra money for walking in and saying I want $100 or $500 of a certain type of coin?

2. Do you have to order those coins ahead of time, or do banks usually carry a certain amount on hand at all time...

3. Any pointers you could give a guy wanting to try this out....

4. Is there a certain coin that would be easier to start out with.....Quarters, halves, etc....

Thanks for any help you could all offer...

Randy

Upvote 0

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, welcome aboard SM. Glad you joined in.

#1. No, although some folks have reported banks charging fees for buying coins that have to be ordered, but so for this is not widespread.
#2. Halves usually have to be ordered because they are not used much and banks normally do not carry a large inventory. Other coins such as dimes, cents, nickels and quarters are usually available because they are used often.
#3. Persistence!
#4. My personal preference is halves. There is a better chance of finding silver since they are the least used. Quarters would be my last choice. They are so commonly used most silver has been plucked.

Good luck and keep us posted on your results......with pictures.... ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions