New Loomis rolls

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen them use dollar coin roll paper, inside out, to wrap halves with. That's why it would say $25.00 on the inside.

OP
OP
J

JJDEMARAY

Mar 18, 2011
Minnesota
That's what they are. I have never seen these before, and I have been doing halves for eight years. They just started using these wrappers the last two weeks.

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I've been doing halves for 4 years and in different states I've lived. Only had a handful of boxes with those wrappers. My guess is they ran out of half dollar wrappers and use those in a bind.

Heck, I've gotten boxes of halves in VA that were in inside out quarter boxes, haha. Again, I assume they ran out of half boxes.

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
I've had rolls wrapped in the wrong wrapper, some inside out some right side, but I just figured they ran out of the correct wrapper. I also have been shorted in the rolls when the coin has been sideways in the roll, taking the place of 4 or 6 coins. I just chalked it up to my hobby and replaced the missing coins and let it go.

OP
OP
J

JJDEMARAY

Mar 18, 2011
Minnesota
Yeah, I've been doing halves for 4 years and in different states I've lived. Only had a handful of boxes with those wrappers. My guess is they ran out of half dollar wrappers and use those in a bind.

Heck, I've gotten boxes of halves in VA that were in inside out quarter boxes, haha. Again, I assume they ran out of half boxes.

There are 20 coins per roll and 50 rolls per box. I have been getting about 3 rolls per box that are short 20 coins in a roll. Some have 16, 17, and 18 coins per roll.

silverhound74

Mar 25, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites MX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I am having the same issue, my bank is having me document it for them and they have been happy to make up the difference. Whew! Its been $10 short at times..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread