Walking down 90 street with Uncle Ben

mrbks22

Sep 13, 2016
Texas
Detector(s) used
Shadow X2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I've had a pretty good year so far, by my standards, considering I haven't been at it for a full year yet. I did manage to find the dream box earlier this year and although it was all 40%ers, you'll never hear me complain about that. That being said, the 90%ers have been few and far between, which made one of my most recent boxes a big surprise.

I rarely leave the bank without opening the lid on a box or two, just to see if there are any enders showing. Those are fairly rare, but I always check. The two boxes I opened in the bank parking lot didn't show any enders. Imagine my surprise then, when I opened up the other two boxes at home and one of them had this....

image.jpeg

My first ever Walking Liberty ender!! Now that's the way to get started. As I would imagine many people do, I set that one aside, along with one Kennedy reverse ended I spotted, for the end.

I proceeded to unwrap roll after roll and every now and then another 90 would fall out. I was supposed to be waiting for my mother to help me open the box, but I wasn't able to stop until I was halfway through the box. With 25 rolls down and 25 to go this was my haul....

image.jpeg

That's two 40s, 2 90 JFKs, 5 Bens and 3 Walkers...in half a box. Far and away my best box of 90s ever. My mother sat down at the table and started opening her half of the rolls. When the smoke cleared, we were all smiles and this was the final tally...

image.jpeg

3 40s, 5 90 JFKs, 4 Walkers and 10 Bens.

Somewhere in the not so distant past, someone did a poor job of cashing in grandpa's half dollars.

Just in case you were wondering, the first two boxes were skunks and the last box, the one after the one I just showed off, had these...

image.jpeg

That's 2 more 40s, 4 more JFK 90s and another Ben. All in all, the kind of day that keeps us all going.

Happy hunting all!

Upvote 0

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great boxes, congrats!

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awwww yeah thats the stuff

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
You put a smile on my face, Thank You for sharing. Great find and glad your letting mom in on the fun too.

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice when the 90s are flowing. I've been eeking out a few but no dream boxes this year. I must have used up my luck last year getting two in one pickup. The best part is the lions share were walkers and Bens, only a few Kennedys.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread