No AG in the coinstar, but the IH's didn't care.

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't use coinstar machines but I always check them. Last week I got about .50 mixed coins with 4 foreign coins. So yesterday I'm driving by a store that has one and I tell myself to just stop and check it. I'm beyond glad I did. Walking in I see a coin on the counter of the machine, but when I get to it, I see the tray is full and it is all jammed up. I look around, look at the service counter to see if someone is complaining about the machine. I give it about a minute and no one comes back to the machine. I go to work emptying the tray, not even looking at the coins, I even try to get some out that are jammed. Some of the coins are falling down so when I get everything out that I can I hit a few buttons and it counts the coins that fell in. I get a ticket for .75, go cash it in and get the hell out of there. Later I start counting and separating.....
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495912986.823920.jpg
Then I find two wheaties, common dates.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495913051.941717.jpg
And then, not 1 but 2 IH's....
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1495913118.217924.jpg
WOW, Never thought I'd find them in the mix. Ended up with about $6.50 and those great coins. Stopped back on my way home from work, got .85 but all Canadian. Thanks

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Your going to become a FREQUENT FLYER STOPPER at the coin star machine. Congrats on the JAM, now all you need is some good looking SILVER. Congrats. DozerD

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Motherload Baby! :headbang:

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that's crazy awesome! My coinstars get check by children, the elderly, bag boys and guys like me all the time. I even got sniped waiting to check the slot after someone walked away from a bunch of rejects. I lurked by the produce as they dumped and waited a polite minute as they walked away and a guy swooped in and scooped.

OP
OP
barneyb71

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This machine is hitting about 75% of the time I check it now. This morning,
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1497654097.266579.jpg
it produced my first silver from a coinstar. On my way home from work I get this feeling to stop and check a coinstar at one of my old accounts, glad I did, $4 in the reject, all clad but I'll take it.

OP
OP
barneyb71

barneyb71

Mar 6, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found my second Rosie today, plus a Steelie, coinstars are getting hot around here.

TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At this rate barneyb71 you should start your own coinstar log like vpnavy. The only issue being that with all of the finds you are retrieving your log may turn into a full time job :)

TxAg

May 7, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't use coinstar machines but I always check them. Last week I got about .50 mixed coins with 4 foreign coins. So yesterday I'm driving by a store that has one and I tell myself to just stop and check it. I'm beyond glad I did. Walking in I see a coin on the counter of the machine, but when I get to it, I see the tray is full and it is all jammed up. I look around, look at the service counter to see if someone is complaining about the machine. I give it about a minute and no one comes back to the machine. I go to work emptying the tray, not even looking at the coins, I even try to get some out that are jammed. Some of the coins are falling down so when I get everything out that I can I hit a few buttons and it counts the coins that fell in. I get a ticket for .75, go cash it in and get the hell out of there. Later I start counting and separating.....
View attachment 1455624

Then I find two wheaties, common dates.
View attachment 1455625
And then, not 1 but 2 IH's....
View attachment 1455626
WOW, Never thought I'd find them in the mix. Ended up with about $6.50 and those great coins. Stopped back on my way home from work, got .85 but all Canadian. Thanks
Barneyb71 - I read your post and couldn't stop laughing (I'm still laughing as I write my reply). The fact that you found the mother load, gave it a polite minute, emptied the try, unjammed the machine to get even more coins, andgot the $0.75 cent voucher for the ones that finally got counted, and "got the hell out of there". Honestly, I am laughing out load right now, afraid my co-workers will hear me! This is priceless! My all time favorite CoinStar story! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
PSST SAVE UP THE CANADIAN ..when you get say 40 to 50 bucks --find a coin store in Canada that has / sells us silver coins -- take a few us bucks and mail the canadain coins up bound ..to buy us silver then use some of the Canadian to pay postage back bound -- once your free silver coins arrive sell off enough to cover the beginning up bound us upfront cost --that way the rest of the us silver is free

insontis

Aug 27, 2013
Blue Springs, MO
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PSST SAVE UP THE CANADIAN ..when you get say 40 to 50 bucks --find a coin store in Canada that has / sells us silver coins -- take a few us bucks and mail the canadain coins up bound ..to buy us silver then use some of the Canadian to pay postage back bound -- once your free silver coins arrive sell off enough to cover the beginning up bound us upfront cost --that way the rest of the us silver is free

I like this idea a lot. I may have to find a way to do this - think a store up there would go for the mail exchange? I've got probably $30 or so in Canadian clad right now.

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm stoked for you.

ivan salis