Second Oldest Penny Find Ever! Only searching $2 MWR

Cedric's

Jun 2, 2014
Eastern US
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Gold Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I received $2 change at a local grocery store, and for the heck if it, I went to the customer service desk at the front and asked for $2 in Pennies. They were only the Machine Wrapped String & Son rolls. I thought if I found a wheat or two, that would be pretty cool. But what was in the first roll I opened turned out to be a very pleasant surprise! In the middle of the roll, I flipped over a Zincoln and saw "One Cent" with a wreath reverse on the very next coin! I couldn't believe that I had just found my 2nd Indian Head ever! Looked at the date, and it's from 1882! Real worn, but will post pictures when I get a chance. It's my 2nd oldest penny find ever next to my 1863 Civil War token, funny how some great finds can come from searching only a few rolls

Upvote 0

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find! This story reminds me of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory lol just the way that you were able to get something so incredibly elusive out of just a couple rolls. Happy hunting!

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
sweet my oldest Ihp is 1906

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find ! Always pleasant to see that wreath or head dress mixed in with all the zinc rubbish !

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's an incredible find. Good thinking on stopping at the Customer service counter to get the pennies. As you say, you never know what you'll find until you try.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread