Loomis Bags

Jun 17, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This week I went to pick up some boxes and lo and behold, I get $500.00 Loomis Bags. Never seen these before. Anybody else get bags instead of boxes this week?.

Each bag had 50 Loomis rolls in it.

Happy Hunting, JJ
Eager to hear more

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I have never had rolls in the bags ( I search Brinks) but have picked up bags when they have brought them instead of boxes. Now I have ordered bags in the past on purpose also, very hit and miss though. HH, Maverick.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Rolls in bags. Rolls in boxes. Rolls in shrink wrap. Does it really matter?

Time for more coffee.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Rolls in bags. Rolls in boxes. Rolls in shrink wrap. Does it really matter?

Time for more coffee.

Actually yes, yes it does. If you can order bags of coin you get them straight off of the machine they came from there by skipping the coin facility taking that bag and dumping it into their hopper and mixing it with other coins as they box them up, Brinks simply takes one of the coin machines bags they picked up and just sends it back out without ever messing with it so you get the entire collection dump in one bag, not spread out in boxes. I have ordered bagged halves many times in the past and had some killer results from it. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
J

JJDEMARAY

Mar 18, 2011
Minnesota
Maverick is absolutely right. Bags straight off the coin machines are the best. The bags that I got were not loose coins, but 50 Loomis Rolls. Wish they were loose coins.

Actually yes, yes it does. If you can order bags of coin you get them straight off of the machine they came from there by skipping the coin facility taking that bag and dumping it into their hopper and mixing it with other coins as they box them up, Brinks simply takes one of the coin machines bags they picked up and just sends it back out without ever messing with it so you get the entire collection dump in one bag, not spread out in boxes. I have ordered bagged halves many times in the past and had some killer results from it. HH, Maverick.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, but the op said each bag had 50 "rolls" in them, so no different than boxes.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
If they had hard rolled MWR, then they were merely out of boxes, happens. Yes, I would love loose coins also, directly out of a machine.

OP
OP
J

JJDEMARAY

Mar 18, 2011
Minnesota
If they had hard rolled MWR, then they were merely out of boxes, happens. Yes, I would love loose coins also, directly out of a machine.

This is the first time since I started in 2010 that bags with rolls were delivered. Each bag had a number, so next week I'll know(if bags are delivered) roughly how many bags/boxes are being used weekly in this district t.

Anybody else get Loomis bags this past week?

HH, JJ

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got rolled halves in quarter boxes before when the rolling facility was out of half boxes.

silverhound74

Mar 25, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites MX5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mondays pickup was still in Loomis boxes, but they were different, ventilated on one side, so you can "visually inspect to make sure all rolls are there" or some gibberish... Even so, one of my rolls was intact, but 5 halves short..

dreamboxvip

May 1, 2014
I always had the best results searching loomis dime rolls. Don't know why but they always produced better than any others.

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Many times some of the coin vendors sell & buy from each other using original boxes, especially during prime retail season.

OP
OP
J

JJDEMARAY

Mar 18, 2011
Minnesota
Many times some of the coin vendors sell & buy from each other using original boxes, especially during prime retail season.

Yes, you are correct. I've seen different boxes delivered when there is high demand, and they run out of their own boxes. I have never seen bags delivered from Loomis in the 7-8 years I have been doing this. So this is obviously a local issue if nobody else is seeing bags.

HH, JJ

TheWalrus

Oct 7, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never had rolls in bags, a few times when I ordered 500$ in halves I got the bags of loose. Teller saw the walker when she was passing the bag over the counter and made a comment about that's why you keep buying these bags, huh? I smiled and said we have fun with it.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, you are correct. I've seen different boxes delivered when there is high demand, and they run out of their own boxes. I have never seen bags delivered from Loomis in the 7-8 years I have been doing this. So this is obviously a local issue if nobody else is seeing bags.

HH, JJ

Things like that will always be a local issue. Never believe that silver amounts will be the same also. Like I tell folks, there isn't one giant facility in the middle of the country.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread