Drying up my area?

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
My last 6-dime boxes have been zero, and the last $1000 dime bag was only 4-Rosie's. I'm beginning to wonder if my area is drying up because of my STACKING. I highly doubt it since all 5-major coin processors are in the area. I'm sure that my little pickings could affect the system, but sooner or later it will happen to all of us.

Upvote 0

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I've had the worst 3 months since I started doing this 6 years ago. I think all the Ag went to Mav's area...

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just ride it out until the next influx of Christmas cash gets into the system. My two boxes this week gave up two 90% and fifteen 40%.

Dannycoco

Jun 2, 2016
New York
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought the same thing about my area until last night. One box gave up
2- walkers and 3 -40%ers. Better than getting skunked.

Halomstr

Jul 4, 2017
West Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro
Garrett ACE 250
Whites Classic II
Whites PI Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am facing the same thing. There is definitely something going on I have found 19 different markings in the boxes that I have searched here. I also received three bags from Wells Fargo and they were all searched at the facility. Every coin roll in the bag was broken open. I called Wells Fargo and they did not want to hear a complaint.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am facing the same thing. There is definitely something going on I have found 19 different markings in the boxes that I have searched here. I also received three bags from Wells Fargo and they were all searched at the facility. Every coin roll in the bag was broken open. I called Wells Fargo and they did not want to hear a complaint.

Complaining to higher ups about opened rolls is a good way to get shut down, IMO. If they don't like the complaining, they'll just stop selling non-business customers coins.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This time last year and the year before, I was closing in on 100 ozt. So far this year, I'm at about 35 ozt.

I feel like ever since TD and PNC banks got rid of their coin machines, the whole entire process is slower. Less new batches of coins coming in. Coins aren't moving around as much.

Something...

7up2000

Jul 6, 2014
Tucson, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Currently use Garrett AT Pro, Previously used the Fisher F2 for one year
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
25 boxes searched--never found a Walker.

weighit

Feb 17, 2007
Northern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX with a Big Foot coil
Gold Bug 2
25 boxes searched--never found a Walker.

I was buying boxes in Tucson for a while, found some silver but not enough to make the drive worth it for me. But I did pick up a few Walkers and Bens but not many. Hope your hunting improves. There are tons of banks in and around that town. I would order 4 or 6 boxes every other week and then drive for a day hitting as many banks as I could before returning to Casa Grande.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions